Worker Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Full time
Samsung has a strict policy on trade secrets. In applying to Samsung and progressing through the recruitment process, you must not disclose any trade secrets of a previous employer.
Role and Responsibilities
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Machine Learning engineer to join our Visual Computing team in Staines-upon-Thames. You will work in a dynamic team across various technologies to develop algorithms and software for outstanding products. You are given the autonomy to design solutions creatively and follow through with implementation while collaborating closely with others. You desire to become an expert in applying Machine Learning and Computer Vision techniques to Robotics and Simulation.
Your role at SRUK will involve:
- Research and development of state of the art algorithms.
- Proposals and proof of concept implementations of innovative ways to overcome technical challenges and enhance user experience.
- Working alongside and collaborating with other Software Engineers to solve complex solutions.
- Creation of new solutions for the next wave of outstanding products and services.
Skills and Qualifications
Skills and attributes:
- A degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline (an equivalent period of industry experience can be substituted).
- 2+ years’ experience with Machine Learning based technologies using C++ or Python (Masters or PhD study will be considered).
- Experience of Deep Neural Networks in scene understanding, for example segmentation, in-painting, inverse rendering, etc.
- Expertise with Machine Learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Torch or Theano.
- Appreciation of Computer Graphics: shading, texturing and geometry processing.
- Strong 3D math and Linear Algebra skills.
- Experience in software development using C++/Python, testing and debugging tools.
- Ability to provide good technical design documents and clearly present complex ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, team work, results-orientated attitude, proficiency in problem solving.
- Experience using Unreal engine (or similar).
- Knowledge of 3D reconstruction from images.
- Experience in offline physically-based renderers (V-Ray, Mental-Ray, Arnold, etc.).
Keen interest in state-of-the-art ML / Computer Vision / Image processing technologies.