About the Team
The Learning & Development team care passionately about people developing and growing in their roles. We are a creative group of individuals who collectively work together to design and develop training in a blended learning environment. Our job is to ensure our employees can be more productive, efficient and confident in whatever role they play at Softcat.
About the Role
As the Learning & Development Executive you will be responsible for supporting our Apprenticeship Programme across our Marlow, Manchester, London and Bristol offices. You will be working with internal stakeholders and external training providers to deliver our award-winning offering. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and professional individual to provide full learning and development support in a growing area of the business.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Softcat Apprenticeship Programmes, from induction to end-point-assessments.
- Responsible for the training of the Softcat apprentices to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to start their career at Softcat.
- Work closely with our external training providers to ensure the continuous development of each apprentice.
- Continuously manage, evolve and innovate our apprenticeship programme to reflect key business initiatives and the ongoing requirements of our workforce.
- Support the design and delivery of our apprentice induction and quarterly programme kick off events.
- Be responsible for organising and designing new programmes and workshops that are relevant for the apprentices within the relevant programmes.
- Undertake regular reviews through a coaching approach to ensure the continuous development and engagement of the apprentices.
- Support the onboarding and development of apprentice managers across the business.
- Take part in driving new initiatives within the early careers team to help drive business growth.
- Help drive a culture of self-responsibility for learning, by supporting and adding value to our internal LMS application.
- Where necessary, interact with senior stakeholders regarding the apprenticeship programme
What we need from you
- Methodical in approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with different personalities.
- Ability to effectively organise own workload and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions, communicating effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Articulate; ability to confidently explain methodologies and manage sensitive conversations.
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team, to achieve results.
- Experience in helping others to develop and apply a different way of thinking.
- Knowledge of recent developments and debates within the apprenticeship landscape
- Experience working in an L&D role, within apprentice education or with those of apprentice age
- Sales experience
- Knowledge and experience within the IT market