iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications – using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build relationships with customers and work with the Account Management team to ensure we do our best to meet an applicant’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
- Help grow iwoca Germany’s loan book – you will be expected to leverage customer relationships to proactively grow our business
- Take responsibility for your credit decisions: you should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
You will need:
- 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending. Other relevant experience (in finance, audit or consulting for example) will also be taken into account
- Fluent German speaker with a high level of written and spoken English - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you’ve grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar). Should your german not be fluent but your English is, you can apply for a similar role on the UK team.
- Good business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You have to be comfortable working independently and making your own credit decisions in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- A bucket-load of common sense
- Cover letter is essential.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance