- Conducting discussions/negotiations concerning laytime under charter parties and commodity contracts with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Achieving the best overall results regarding margins during negotiations.;
- Ensuring completeness of laytime administration, working closely with trading operations and chartering operations. This concerns calculations created by chartering operations officers for settlement under charter parties and internal invoicing under IFD (internal freight deal) conditions.;
- Ensuring the financial impact of laytime settlements is understood by working closely with commercial departments.
What do we offer you?
- A Challenging position in our Laytime Desk within a world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network;
- A competitive salary with room to grow;
- A professional and stimulating environment in which enthusiastic and driven colleagues work together in a practical and informal way;
- A yearly bonus scheme, based on company results and your performance;
- A flexible and attractive pension scheme, where we cover 100%;
- 27 holiday days per year;
- A full month salary as holiday allowance;
- Tailored learning & development opportunities;
- Yearly organisation wide cultural and sport activities, such as: The Harbour Run, soccer tournaments, teambuilding and Guest Lectures;
- Broad career opportunities within our fast paced international organisation;
- A modern, open and inspiring office in the centre of Rotterdam, next to the Markthal and Blaak station;
- Options to organize your work flexibly, with a working from home allowance;
- Business laptop, possible for personal use;
- Travel allowance, based on public transport.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar;
- Logistical, financial, economic background would be preferable;
- Knowledge of demurrage or laytime conditions under charter parties and commodity contracts is a must;
- Understanding the financial administration as well as the effects laytime settlements can have on the P&L (preferably in IMOS);
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch preferred;
- Strong Negotiation skills and a result driven mindset;
- Straight forward thinking and stress-resistant;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to set the right priorities.
We believe in the power of connection.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products.
With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains.
As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world.
What do we stand for?
We believe that a workforce made up of colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures and beliefs can only make us stronger.
We value diversity and work inclusively to bring together many minds, many talents and many perspectives. We offer a work environment where colleagues receive fair and equal opportunities to progress their career at Viterra.
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social origin or any other characteristic.
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.