Je carrière begint op Magnet.me
Maak een profiel aan en ontvang slimme aanbevelingen op basis van je gelikete vacatures.
Note: For this role we are searching for Native Italian speakers who are fluent in English. This is a hard requirement.
The role is fulltime in office.
Applications are being reviewed 1x per week. In the event there's a match, the HR department Netherlands will contact you.
When applying, kindly answers below questions:
1. What sparked your interest in this position?
2. Why are you searching for a new job?
3. How many years Operations experience do you have?
4. What are you searching for in a new position?
GAR Europe B.V. is looking for a Logistics Specialist to become part of the South East European (SEEU) Operations team based in The Netherlands. This team is responsible of managing the storage capacity and demand planning of palm oil at major SEEU ports.
As Logistics Specialist you will be responsible for the planning, execution, documentation and finalizations of deliveries to final clients in and around Europe. You are interacting on a daily basis with supply chain colleagues, suppliers, customers and our trading team in order to deliver efficient execution of our trading book. You are driven to develop best-in-class deliveries in terms of reliability and costs in order to strengthen GAR BV’s competitive position. Together with the team, you will continuously look for new ways to further improve the quality and efficiency of our logistics operations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plan and organize deliveries with customers and trucking companies in the most efficient and effective way.
· Liaise with the supply chain coordinator to ensure that forecasted loading plans are respected.
· Follow up on performance of deliveries with the terminals and trucking companies.
· Support and follow up on customers’ and terminal’s requests.
· Manage activities to ensure that operations meet delivery dates and deadlines set by internal and external parties.
· Responsible and accountable for execution against the budget and manages optimal service vs. operational spending.
· Think out of the box to manage problems in an efficient and effective way.
· Follow up on contracts’ execution and monitor the respect of the monthly contractual volumes.
· Follow up on contract signing.
· Monitoring accounts receivables and follow up on clearances status to ensure deliveries can be performed.
· Issue delivery orders and record delivery data into our ERP system. Inform terminals of the planned deliveries and share delivery orders with interested parties.
· Coordinating internally and with terminals to identify issues, and ensure all processes run to schedule. Providing and implementing corrective and preventative action plans.
· Negotiate tariffs with trucking companies.
· Issue reports with volumes delivered, trucking costs, actions to be implemented to ensure KPI are met and to support sales and operation decision making.
· Having overall responsibility for “Total Customer Satisfaction”. Drive operation excellence of logistics to meet external & internal customer satisfaction.
· Manage relationships with our 3rd party service providers including warehouse/tank operators & freight forwarders.
· Create & update the standard operating procedures according to the latest business requirements and ensure our partners adhere to them.
· At least a bachelor degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Business / Economics or related discipline
· 2 years’ experience in customer service and logistics or other relevant fields. Experience on palm oil / commodities industry is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of import and export procedures
· Understanding of inventory management
· Native Italian speaker, and Fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus
· Proficient with MS Office software and an ERP software (Agiblocks is an advantage)
· Affinity and ambition to grow within the Commodity industry
· A team player, independent thinker and problem solving skills
· Meticulous, accurate and hands-on person
· Comfortable working in a multicultural team, and a dynamic and evolving environment
· Ability to handle tight deadlines and work well under pressure, with a positive attitude, a strong sense of ownership and priorities
· Self-driven and results-oriented
· Customer- and service-oriented with strong networking skills
· Good communication & interpersonal skills
· Humble approach and curious
· Proactive and versatile
· Working experience in the Commodity industry would be highly preferred
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND FUNCTIONS
EXTERNAL: Customers / Competitors / Surveyors / Port Agents / Intelligence analysts / brokers / Agribusiness / Operations
INTERNAL: Marketing / Finance / Treasury / Trading / Credit Risk / Trade Control
Golden Agri-Resources Europe is a young, ambitious and rapid growing company, active in the trading of bulk commodities and Oleo chemicals in Europe. We have offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Bulg...
At Golden Agri-Resources you get direct exposure to the business from day 1. In Europe you join an entrepreneurial organization where you’ll collaborate with, and learn from experienced and talented colleagues, make an impact and shape your own future career.
Working At Golden Agri-Resources Europe has provided me with a great culture to be a part of as well as a dynamic environment to learn from. The company is eager to pass on knowledge to new employees and allows them to learn in a great environment with a very collaborative team.