As an Assistant Controller at VodafoneZiggo, in the Gross Profit Accounting team, you will be joining the Finance Operations team who provides the monthly information on the actual numbers within VodafoneZiggo. In this role, your focus will be our Business to Business activities. Together with 16 colleagues in Maastricht, you make up the Gross Profit Accounting team. Your team is part of the larger Accounting department within Finance Operations. You will be responsible for correct and complete accounting of a specific area where you get to work within a multinational data driven company and have direct interaction with the many other Finance departments, like Financial Control & Business Control as well as non-finance departments such as HR and Business Intelligence.
Is this you?
Skills that will come in handy in this job.
- You're analytically minded. Main or side issue? You see the difference at once. You get to the heart of matters with ease while maintaining an overall view.
- You're in control. Objectives exist to be achieved; you make it happen. You make realistic plans, delegate responsibilities and maintain the broad view.
- You're part of the team. You're a sociable person and go out of your way to help your colleagues, even if it means setting your own interests aside.
- You speak plain English. When you say something, you make sure others understand. Your words flow with clarity and precision, commanding the attention of your audience.
- You see the big picture. You're often three steps ahead of the rest. You see relationships in everything and come up with inventive solutions.
- You take the initiative. Wait and see? That's not your style. When you see an opportunity, you go for it and you're often the first to table ideas and proposals.
What we offer
You give your best every day, because it makes you happy – and because of these benefits. At VodafoneZiggo a fulltime job starts from 32 hours. It is up to you! Based on a 40-hour working week, you can count on:
- Gross monthly salary of between € 3.100 and € 4.400 - with growth potential.
- A Benefit Budget of 14.95% (incl. holiday allowance) on top of your gross salary. Have it paid out, use it to buy extra holiday days or save it up for something nice - it's up to you.
- NS-Business Card of your choice. Travel first class for business and pleasure for free.
- The option of working from home 2 or 3 days a week.
- A phone with a Vodafone plan. For personal use, too.
- Annual bonus based on overall company performance.
- Unlimited Learning: unlimited access to thousands of courses and workshops.
- A pension scheme with additional savings options.
- Participate in our social and community projects, such as Online Masters and the Footprint Challenge.
- An adapted workplace and flexible hours to accommodate your needs, should you have a particular disability.
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services.
What you bring to the job
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably a large international enterprise (or Big4);
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, focus on accuracy with a critical mindset;
- Able to communicate effectively and create your own network within VodafoneZiggo;
- Strong team player and a proactive attitude towards working with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a changing & agile digital environment;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Controlling or related Finance discipline;
- Practical experience from a HR/Payroll environment is a pre;
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools;
- Speaking and writing English fluently;
- Strong MS Excel / office skills.