Digi.Bio is a digital biology company working at the intersection of biology, computation, and engineering. We aim to deliver next generation technology platforms powered by lab-on-a-chip and artificial intelligence for faster automation of biologics development, enabling cheaper medicines to benefit all.
Digi.Bio is looking for a highly motivated, self-steering individual with a combined passion for tech and commercial entrepreneurship to spur and drive value creation for our biologics portfolio. As Business Developer at Digi.Bio, you will support the Business Team, and assume responsibility for building market position by identifying and developing business relationships. As your role lies at the intersection of business and technology, you will have the opportunity to shape sales, pipeline growth and partnerships strategy by working closely with the R&D and product team to translate market trends and customer feedback into effective market strategy. You will develop a strong understanding of and network in the field of biologics, a nascent field with high potential for impact.
Some of the work you may be involved in include:
- Developing new customer relationships and maintaining existing accounts, and identifying new sales or business development opportunities
- Working with business development to plan and execute strategic sales and business projects.
- Expanding brand awareness and representing the company at workshops and conferences.
- Provide feedback from the field to management about market dynamics and product performance.
We don’t care if you have a MBO, HBO, HAVO, VWO, BSc, MSc, or Phd, for as long as you fulfill the following requirements;:
- 3-5 years of strategy and business development experience in the analytical instrumentation field or biologics development field (preferably an intersection of both)
- You have taken one or more of the following courses: Biotechnology, Systems Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences OR
- You have taken one or more of the following courses: Business, Business Administration, Science Entrepreneurship & Innovation, MBA, or similar with experience, background or demonstrable interest in molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, systems biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering, chemistry or similar.
- Ability to understand our customers’ needs and how our instruments can have a positive impact
- Demonstrable experience with either one or more of the following: medical devices, analytical instruments, prototyping, protocol/assay development, pharmaceutical sciences, molecular biology or computational biology
You see yourself in the following traits:
- Strong creative and analytical abilities
- Self starter; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and can-do attitude
- Able to coordinate effectively and independently with other team members to complete projects
- Able to sense conflict situations and navigate in a respectful manner
- Committed to finishing tasks
- Committed to the task at hand while not losing sight of the bigger picture
- Friendly and approachable, good networker
- Eager to learn, curious attitude
- Precise and organized working manner
- Interested in both deep tech and biology
- Open minded and flexible in changing environments
- Comfortable in an international environment
Additional Desirable Requirements
- Startups are known for their fast-paced, yet relaxed and light environment. We have a flat hierarchy that focuses on supporting each other towards being the best we can be. We value passion and commitment, and hard, sincere work but also understand that employees have families to take care of and lives to live outside the office.
- The opportunity to work in an ambitious startup in an exciting field developing industry-changing technology targeted at making a positive impact. Today, we are using our expertise to make valuable innovative therapies more accessible to more people.
- Learn about many different things. Our product is based on multidisciplinary engineering principles. This means you will never get bored. Interested in chemistry, engineering, or software? There’s space for that too!
Find out more about Digi.Bio on our website.
If you are interested, please sign up via this form and attach your CV and motivation letter. Only applications submitted through the form will be processed.
Research shows that while male candidates feel confident enough to apply when they meet about 60% of the requirements, female candidates only apply when they tick every box. So if this role has your name on it, but you’re not sure about the criteria, we still want to hear from you.
Please note that we do not sponsor visa applications. The applicant must be currently based in the EU and does not require a visa sponsorship.