INEOS Automotive: We have one goal. To manufacture, launch and deliver an uncompromising, best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options. It's been an exciting journey since our inception in 2017 and despite the global challenge of 2020, we are on track to deliver our plan. 2021/2022 is our execution phase.
We have assembled a team of world-class experts who roll up their sleeves and get stuck in and we are looking for more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts and we are looking for spirited innovators who thrive in a challenge. If you are looking to join a scale-up business and take on a fulfilling and career-defining role, then let’s talk.
The Role: The Procurement Manager will lead all procurement activities through the lifecycle for purchase parts within selected Production Material Categories (e.g. Exterior, Powertrain) using his experience to ensure that the business is investing in equipment and materials that are fit for purpose, allows purchasing to achieve the best possible commercial terms and is in line with the business group strategy
What you will be doing
- Manage all procurement activities related to the production material categories. For example Exterior, Powertrain.
- Lead, support and develop the relevant procurement team through coaching, fostering strong communication and transparent guidance
- Identify and source the components and systems with the best technical and commercial fit to the vehicle and operations requirements
- Sourcing decisions are always based on cross functional alignment between engineering, manufacturing, quality and procurement
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best balanced commercial terms considering technical feasibility, volume demands, quality and manufacturing requirements
- Fulfil all relevant project targets regarding material and tooling cost as well as timeline
- Constant observation of the global supply market regarding changes that affects our business
- Develop and align in a cross-functional manner category strategies considering global supply market developments as well as internal requirements
- Establish and run a risk management system covering project phase as well as serial production
- Develop and align methods and tools with finance to manage raw material fluctuations
- Establish and secure reliable supply chains during serial production
- Work closely with the Engineering, Sales and Operations to agree future demand plans, materials and equipment
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience gained at either a Tier 1 automotive supplier or automotive OEM
- Able to demonstrate direct knowledge of automotive procurement from concept-through-industrialisation-to-operation
- Intimate automotive supply chain / procurement know how gained over a long career in automobile manufacturing.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery
- Desirable are experiences in leading a team and be able to build effective working relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrable strategic procurement experience and or NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- There will be significant travel involved in the role.