We are looking for a System Engineer to join our Cyber Security Team at Airbus Defence and Space at our dynamic site in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting to the SDA (Senior Design Authority) as the System Engineer you will collaborate with a multi-functional team including Software, Hardware, Mechanical and FPGA engineers to deliver High Grade Crypto and Key Management solutions and will provide "system level" thinking and solutions to the team.
Your Tasks & Accountabilities
- Follow Systems Engineering processes to develop technical solutions, to engineering problems, and ensuring customer and stakeholder requirements are satisfied.
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts across the product development lifecycle.
- Ensure effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project.
- Collaborate with the system, hardware and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Contribute to the development of the engineering department functions and procedures.
- Involvement in the full lifecycle (from requirements elicitation through to verification/certification and delivery)
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience.
- Fundamental understanding of Systems Engineering and associated processes/lifecycles.
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience across the full Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Able to gain UK Security Clearance to a SC/DV level
Not a 100% match? No worries! Airbus supports your personal growth with customized development solutions.
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!