We are looking for a Project Controller to join Airbus Defence & Space within our Cyber Security division at our dynamic base in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, you will provide essential project office support to this exciting Project being carried out by our Cyber Secusity Specialists.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Your Tasks & Accountabilities
- Project planning, organising, controlling and reporting on assigned deliverables
- Develop and implement structures and processes for project performance monitoring
- Deputise for the Project Manager as required, in internal and external (including customer facing) situations
- Ensure project control practice through ERP System (SAP), MS Project and associated PM tools for all aspects of project activity
- Proactively develop WBS to generate and maintain Project plans, work packages and schedules
- Facilitate monitoring of Project Costs and Financial Planning and Tracking
- Advise senior Programme / Project Management of deviations to plan regarding programme, finance and resource status
Desired Skills & Experience
- Project office / project management qualification – e.g. PMI , PRINCE 2 Foundation, ISEB Certificate in Programme and Project Support Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft project
- Firm understanding of work package management and work package control
- Familiar with Gantt, Pert and dependency charts
Not a 100% match? No worries! Airbus supports your personal growth with customized development solutions.
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!