We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Partner to join Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. You will join the site HR Team and report to the HR Business Leader.
In Portsmouth, we design and manufacture advanced satellites and systems for telecommunications, Earth observation, navigation and science programmes. We’ve been growing this business for several years and are now increasing our UK Recruitment team to help meet the increased demand.
You will sit within the Portsmouth site HR team, working in close proximity to your stakeholders in the business, on a hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely. You’ll work flexible hours (with no core hours on Friday afternoons!) and use the latest Google tools for communication and collaboration. You’ll also be supported by your TAP colleagues as part of the TA Community of Practice – a network of our fantastic expert TAPs spread across our UK sites.
Day-to-day, you will manage every aspect of recruitment on your portfolio of vacancies, from initial briefing through to offer stage, hiring a broad mix of skills. Predominantly focused on attracting and sourcing technical / engineering profiles, you’ll need to use every technique you’ve gained as an experienced Recruitment professional to find the best people for Airbus.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Partner with hiring managers to understand the organisation’s requirements and help to build job profiles that meet business needs
- Use your relationships with internal stakeholders and your knowledge of the recruitment market to influence the Talent Acquisition approach of the business
- Define the most appropriate sourcing strategy, channels and social media to identify and attract the most talented people (using a mix of passive and active sourcing)
- Create attractive, compliant and diversity-friendly job adverts to promote your vacancies
- Screen applications, assessing their potential using the latest tools and technologies
- Actively contribute to the candidate selection and decision making process
- Organise and conduct candidate interviews, leading and owning the interview process as the HR representative
- Use LinkedIn daily as your main tool for building brand awareness, growing and communicating with your EJ network, gathering market intelligence and (through LinkedIn Recruiter) directly sourcing candidates
- Via our Communities of Practice, contribute to innovative, international and cross-divisional talent acquisition and employment marketing projects
This role will involve occasional travel (possibly with an overnight stay) for internal meetings. Trips will mainly be to our other UK sites (Stevenage, Newport, Filton, etc), but may involve occasional international travel to our other European sites; Toulouse, Paris, Munich, etc.
Your Skills and Experience
- Extensive recruitment background, starting out as a Recruitment Consultant for a Recruitment Agency
- Ideally you will have some experience of Talent Acquisition, In-house Recruitment or Account Management
- Ideally you will have recruited for technical or engineering skills and know what it takes to attract and engage the best people
- Strong sourcing and attraction skills, both proactive and reactive – proven experience in sourcing difficult-to-find profiles
- A comprehensive understanding of the labour market, the associated challenges and how to overcome them
What Airbus Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely (delete if not relevant / shift work)
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!