We're looking for a Software Systems Engineer to join the Skynet 6A Management System team in Portsmouth
You will be an experienced software systems engineer with a good background in delivering software projects. Within our team, you will work to understand, elaborate and model the system requirements for the software specific elements of a satellite communication system.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Defining the System Level design, ensuring relevant peer review.
- Contributing to system designs, including capturing the role of software products and ensuring these will become a working system.
- Working with development teams to share the high-level architecture, ensuring the development team can produce the required software components.
- Collaborating with the Ground Systems team to ensure user requirements are fully captured and traced
- Attending daily scrum stand-ups for the Systems team
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Task & Accountabilities
- Defining the software system architecture at a high level, using a modelling language (e.g. SysML or UML). Working closely with the software agile scrum team to ensure they understand the details of you solution.
- Understanding the system aspects of the project and will determining the role of the software components in the solution
- Working with the Product Owner to ensure capabilities are captured on the product backlog and aiding them to create the user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Working with peer-subsystem teams to ensure all external interfaces are defined and agreed.
- Getting involved in daily operations when needed to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
- Managing cost/schedule and features.
- Collaborating with other projects to ensure the proposed software solution meets a common set of software requirements for all projects to seek re-usability
- Knowledge of software solutions within a software product environment.
- Experience in modelling to capture the system design.
In return, we can offer you all of this and more...
- Exciting career development opportunities across our transnational, market leading company
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group annual profit share
- A growing range of additional benefits
- Flexible working hours
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.