Enterprise Risk Manager
Do you aspire to become Chief Risk Officer, Chief Actuary or Actuarial Function Holder? Are your ambitions to be Head of the Underwriting Office, Transformation Manager or Executive Assistant to the Regional Chief Executive Officer?
Those are a few exemplar positions to which some risk team members were promoted the past 3 years.
Being part of the Risk Management team at Allianz offers great possibilities to contribute to the strategy of the company, balancing the risks and the performance, being regularly exposed to senior executives incl. CEO & CFO, and participating in major projects. There are also great opportunities to dive into qualitative or quantitative analyses on solvency and all the risks present on the balance sheet.
Guess what? YES, we are hiring and looking for talented new colleagues!
The Regional Risk Management function represents a key building block in protecting the company and its balance sheet while supporting risk/return considerations via contribution to Asset Liability Management (ALM) as well as Capital Management. Given the nature of our business in the Benelux region, the full risk universe is covered. It’s an expert international community where hierarchy and having no opinion is not desired.
We enjoy cross-functional exchanges in diverse teams. Last but not least, we embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, and laugh out loud! Do you dare to?
Who are we?
The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for assessing, monitoring and steering the integrated risk and control framework. Covering risks emerging from the operational, IT, legal & compliance and financial reporting areas.
What will your role be?
As Enterprise Risk manager, you will play a critical role in the second line of defence to ensure the company is resilient to operational, project and vendor related risks. You will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management team, working closely together not only with operations and IT, but also with the compliance, finance and project teams. You will be responsible for further developing the metrics to measure, assess the company's operational risks and ensuring compliance with the established management policies and standards. Your tasks include the assessment of potential operational loss events and reporting them to key stakeholders.
A key component to be successful in this role, is to build collaborative and trusting relationships with business leaders and colleagues throughout the three lines of defense model.
- You support and challenge the first line of defense in knowing, managing, and monitoring the significant risks in their processes, activities, and projects
- You proactively help identifying new key controls, and challenge existing key controls
- You coordinate testing the controls, and follow-up on operational risk events impacting the stability of the company
- You organize and prepare quarterly meetings with senior management to report on strategic risks, operational risk events and the ongoing quality of the control structure
- You collaborate with Operations & IT, as well as with the Compliance, Finance and Project teams, whilst maintaining a holistic view over the impacted processes.
What we offer
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in financial provision and insurance
- An engaging multi-cultural team of experts spread out between Rotterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg
- Versatile work, with the flexibility to be involved in financial and non-financial topics. Relating to Life, Non-Life, Health and Income Protection business in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- A motivating working atmosphere where taking initiative is encouraged and failures seen as opportunities to improve
- Development opportunities, access to Allianz’ global risk community, and ability to follow internal and external trainings.
What we expect from you
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Business Economics/Administration, Business Information Technology / Science, Legal / Law or related field
- You have related experience in Enterprise / Operational / IT or information risk management, (internal) audit or compliance, preferably in the financial sector
- You can communicate fluently in English and possibly also Dutch or French
- You have familiarity with control frameworks (COSO, COBIT2019, etc.) is a plus.
- You are an excellent communicator / strong stakeholder management
- You can communicate clearly on complex topics and present to the Board of Management on the spot
- You are willing to travel in the Benelux.
We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level.
Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry.