As a FPGA Designer you will design state-of-the-art solutions for a great variety of customers in high-tech. Do you consider it important to work in a driven and highly skilled, but certainly also a fun and collegial team? Continue your career at Neways Technologies, a project-driven System Innovator!
What will you do as a FPGA Designer?
As an FPGA Designer you will be part of the Embedded Systems department, a group consisting of FPGA Designers, Embedded Software Designers, Hardware Designers and PCB Designers.
Similar to other expertise teams within Neways Technologies, our VHDL team consists of a mix of young and old, from entry-level to highly experienced professionals, who strengthen each other. In a pragmatic Agile way, we work on electronics solutions, which we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. We use requirement engineering (ALM), feature branching, a review process, scripted verification on hardware and simulator, and make use of continuous integration methodology. From your professional adult role you are able to manage juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the job.
Your tasks include:
- drawing up concept solutions, budgeting work for quotation;
- drawing up specifications and reviewing these with the customer;
- design, implement, test and document a design;
- participating in project teams: internal/external system architect, HW and SW Designers;
- assisting with the production of the developed products, completion of assigned work in accordance with the schedule;
- managing, supervising, educating and assisting junior FPGA designers;
- work can be carried out on Neways’s location as well as that of its customers.
What do we offer?
- a good salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- 27 vacation days, plus 13 days off work pursuant to the Reduction of Working Hours Act;
- work at an international organization, which is evolving into a System Innovator;
- working with a team of enthusiastic, highly skilled professionals;
- a challenging position in a dynamic and healthy development project-oriented environment;
- flexible hours;
- working in an organization where there is a focus not only on hard skills, but definitely on soft skills as well;
- 8% vacation pay;
- opportunities to further develop and grow yourself, not only within Neways Technologies, but also for example within the entire Neways organization;
- travel expenses.
Your profile and DNA:
- a bachelor or master degree in electronics or similar;
- at least a few years of relevant work experience;
- thorough knowledge of – and experience with hardware description languages and high level synthesis (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, HLS);
- thorough knowledge of the specific development tools (e.g. Vivado, Quartus, Modelsim, Questasim, Mentor CDC);
- familiar with building simulation models / testbench for use with e.g. Modelsim or Questasim;
- familiar with HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab)
- familiar with programming languages and scripting (e.g. C/C++/#, Java, Python);
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF, CI/CD;
- familiar with version control tools and methods;
- familiar with design best practices and common design methods;
- experience in debugging designs on hardware;
- familiar with an Agile way of working
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to carry out work on location of our clients.