We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Flight Domain technology organisation.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across TUI. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering with a DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will work with your team to shape engineering processes and practices, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence.
- You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets.
- With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations.
- You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation.
- You have a proven record in delivering cloud enablement services to teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment;
- Good skill set for understanding and solving problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity;
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices;
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes;
- Strong programming skills to work with multiple software development technologies and strong understanding of scripting languages;
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI and strong knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs;
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques;
- Deep experience in designing secure, highly available, distributed applications and in secure coding practices in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.