GAR Europe BV is looking for a Junior Commercial Executive South East Europe to become part of the European SEE Commercial team based in The Netherlands. This entrepreneur team is responsible for building market position by identifying and developing business opportunities, new clients and negotiating and closing business deals in the SEEU. To reach that goal, you have to go thru a training on operations, supply chain, logistics in palm oil and oleochemicals in order to make yourself ready to face the market. Key considerations for your first placement will be based on your individual strengths and career interests as well as business needs.
If you have the ambition and aspiration to grow in the Commodity industry, and relish the opportunity to have diverse exposure, the Jr Commercial Executive role will provide the platform, structure and support for you to grow and showcase your talent and skills.
You will first join the marketing and operations team and focus on transportation, storage and logistics planning of the Palm oil and oleochemicals supply chain. After successful completing first part of the training, you will have the opportunity to engage in activities in different parts of the supply chain. Thereafter, you will start supporting the commercial desk on building market position, supporting market analysis and helping to maintain our portfolio of customers.
What exposure can you look forward to?
· As a part of the Palm Trading team, you will get to have hands on experience in all commercial and operational activities undertaken in Europe.
· You will be building market position by identifying and developing business opportunities, new clients and negotiating and closing business deals.
· You will learn to understand the products, markets and the entire supply chain; from the European end consumer all the way back to storage, shipping, refining and origination.
· You will also be interacting with various internal and external counterparts in order to understand the steps and information flow in the supply chain with the European distribution as a key focus.
· You will be joining a team that is highly motivated, with much learning on the job and opportunity to learn about the Commodity trade.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
· Initially you will support the logistics and operations team on executing deliveries as per agreed conditions. You will be intended to support also in the customs and a documentation procedures meant for clearing our inbound cargo.
· After an extensive training on logistics and operations, you will start supporting our trade support and market analysis.
Thereafter, you will be expected to:
· Understand the market for Palm Product demand and collate information from various market sources on palm products imported into Europe;
Map the market supply & demand, to identify areas where a competitive advantage exists, create prospects for potential clients and turn this into increased business using and building your professional network;
· Assist to manage overall customer feedbacks at the operational level, adding value in stock and inventory advisory, assisting customers to monitor and forecast demand planning and troubleshooting;
· Analyze line ups and statistics of the market development.
· Be involved in activities relevant to the execution of all trades derived from ex-tank sales of edible oil products;
· Liaise with local and global trade execution teams and finance teams to ensure the accurate recording of sales, purchases, supply & demand and inventory stock levels;
· Analyze and assist in improving efficiency in e.g. shipping economics, direct or indirect costs, storage capacity utilization, etc.
Education: BSc degree in Business or equivalent with specialization in International Business, Logistics, Supply Chain
Experience: 0 to 2 years of relevant working experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation. Experienced in the commodity industry is a big plus.
Personality traits: Native Italian speaker and excellent English skills. Dutch and Spanish are a plus. Affinity and ambition to grow within the commodity industry. A team player and independent thinker. Meticulous, accurate and hands-on person. Comfortable working in a multicultural team, and a dynamic and evolving environment. Ability to handle tight deadlines and work well under pressure. Self-driven and result oriented. Customer oriented with strong networking skills. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Proactive and versatile.
· 0 to 2 years of relevant working experience in supply chain/logistics/transportation department. Better if having experience on palm oil / commodities industry
· Native Italian speaker and excellent English skills. Dutch and Spanish is a plus
· Affinity and ambition to grow within the Commodity industry
· A team player and independent thinker
· Meticulous, accurate and hands-on person
· Comfortable working in a multicultural team, and a dynamic and evolving environment
· Ability to handle tight deadlines and work well under pressure
· Self-driven and results-oriented
· Customer-oriented with strong networking skills
· Good communication & interpersonal skills
· Proactive and versatile
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with SAP is a plus
Golden Agri-Resources Europe is a young, ambitious and rapid growing company, active in the trading of bulk commodities and Oleo chemicals in Europe. We have offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Brazil and Colombia.
Our goal is to efficiently provide sustainable and superior quality agribusiness and consumer products, solutions and services to create value for all our stakeholders.
At Golden Agri-Resources you get direct exposure to the business from day 1. In Europe you join an entrepreneurial organization where you’ll collaborate with, and learn from experienced and talented colleagues, make an impact and shape your own future career.
GAR is hands down the best company I have worked for in 15+ yrs of experience: the energy you feel in office is genuine. Passion, professionalism, commitment and striving for excellence are the qualities mostly shared and found in the individuals that compose such a great organization.