Reporting into the Managing Counsel responsible for lending, treasury, asset purchase transactions and business banking, you will be joining a growing sub-team of four lawyers and one paralegal.
You will support a broad range of matters with different levels of complexity including lending, business banking, asset purchase transactions and treasury related work such as ISDA and GMRA negotiations. You must be eager to learn, quick on your feet and thrive in a high paced environment.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and make your mark at one of the UK’s most exciting fintechs.
This role can be based in Starling Bank’s London or Cardiff offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- advising on legal and regulatory issues related to SME and retail lending (including government-backed schemes);
- drafting and negotiating a range of agreements to support the development of the SME and retail banking business (including NDAs, loan and overdraft documentation and banking product terms and conditions);
- supporting in the negotiation of legal documentation for trading securities, FX, derivatives and repos, including Terms of Business, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and ISDA Master Agreements and CSAs;
- providing legal support to the team in connection to asset purchase transactions and asset management;
- providing legal and regulatory advice in relation to the launch of new products;
- managing multiple projects and supporting colleagues to ensure business and enterprise-wide initiatives are executed in a timely and accurate manner; and
- instructing and working with outside counsel where necessary on specialist matters.
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction;
- Post-qualification financial services experience (or training experience) gained in private practice or in house;
- Transactional experience and/or experience negotiating treasury-related documentation is desirable, but not essential; and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be keen to grow and develop within the organisation
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday, taken a week on either side of the day
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Enhanced sick pay
- Varied social groups set up and run by our employees
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a cashback scheme, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, a birthday box and weekly free coffee
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme