About the Role
The Senior Programme Controller will demonstrate leadership, value add and enthusiasm to the Programme Manager and Programme Control Team Lead ensuring that the programme is fully compliant with the Programme Performance Management Process (PPMP-01).
- Deliver expert services in Scheduling, Cost, Risk and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Control Account Management and Work Package Management.
- Development and maintenance of Performance Measurement Baselines, ensuring fully integrated Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW), Schedule, Earned Value and Risk baselines.
- Maintenance of the programme Integrated Master Plan (IMP), ensuring traceability between Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, CDRLS and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) is held within the IMP/IMS
- Maintains schedule management plans and that their IMPs, IMSs and all supporting schedules are inclusive of all relevant LM, Vendor and customer activities and dependencies, are fully integrated and current.
- Ensure that time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments are performed to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
- Ensure resolution of schedule conflicts and develops & implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
- Ensure performance and health metrics analysis is used to drive actions resulting in improved programme performance.
- Deliver disciplined Budgeting and amendment principles, practices and processes, working closely with Programme Financial Control (PFC). Co-ordinate / lead Internal Programme Review (IPR) meetings, ensure actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Support the annual Comprehensive Estimate at Completion (CEAC) and Monthly Estimate at completion (EAC) Process
- Support Work Package Managers with the establishment of Earned Value (EV) plans and advise on the appropriate use of EV techniques, together with analysis of their work packages in terms of performance / variance to plan.
- Provide support to the Programme Control Team Lead in developing a Control Account Manager (CAM) environment, interfacing with respective CAMs and PFC.
- Provide supporting data for programme reviews covering Schedule, Risk and EVM and provide timely reports, measurements and performance assessments.
- Assist Programme Control Team Lead with delivering a risk management service for Programme risks identification, assessment, mitigation planning, mitigation action tracking and reporting of risks and opportunities status.
- Co-ordinate Monthly Risk Management Reviews working closely with the Programme Manager re Agenda Items and Meeting Action Items.
- Ensure that risk mitigation activities are embedded in the cost and schedule baseline and that risk impacts and fall back plans are properly assessed for the establishment of Management Reserve & schedule margin.
- Participation in development, documenting, execution, monitoring and improvement of department processes to ensure economic, rapid responses to existing and new customer requirements. Support to the generation of new business opportunities across projects by active involvement in on contract growth and new Business.
- Provide Skilled Planning / Scheduling and Risk & Opportunity Management Subject Matter Expertise to other areas of the business as directed by the Programme Office Manager.
Working for Lockheed Martin you can expect outstanding benefits, a diverse and inclusive work environment, a four day working week, work life balance policies and working patterns, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to reward you for your hard work, and more.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- SME in Programme Performance Management
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project® and Deltek Open Plan®
- Proficient use of ARM (Risk Management)
- Proficient knowledge in the application of Earned Value Management, particularly on complex orlarge engineering programmes.
- Experience with schedule risk management tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Self starter, possess a "can do" attitude and be energetic and enthusiastic at all times
- Capable of working with minimal supervision / direction, however reviewed for soundness and accuracy
- Good listener and quick to gain an appreciation of the problem
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
What we offer you
At Lockheed Martin our employees come first and therefore your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment you can expect so much more.
We are an employer in support of and offering Flexible working with the option to also work a 4 day week depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off. We offer Competitive salaries alongside a flexible holiday entitlement.
We have a Wealth of benefits available to you that can be selected through our wellbeing tool upon commencement of employment. Just a few of our amazing benefits are shown below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Competitive Pension
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee discounts for top high street shops
- Employee Assistance Program which includes free face to face counselling sessions, Legal advice, Financial advice, etc
- Internal training and development alongside out Education assistance programmes
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Competitive policies that support flexibility and family leave inclusive of enhanced maternity leave
Lockheed Martin UK Ltd Integrated Systems (LMUK IS) is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LMUK IS business is a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.