Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
Senior Auditor II (Technology)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our EMEA Technology Audit team as a Senior Auditor II (Vice President). If you have 5+ years of total work experience with prior experience in Audit or Technology risk, have an analytical mind and expertise in assessing IT application controls, we would like to speak to you. Ideally, you hold an undergraduate degree, one or more IT audit certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CIA) and have an interest in Financial Services.
We are looking for someone who can draw upon on extensive experience and/or specialist technology skills to plan and deliver audits and communicate effectively with Technology and Business senior leaders. The successful applicant will lead or perform Internal Audit related activities individually with little day-to-day oversight or as part of a team and lead a risk-focused audit process in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful technology related issues, risks and other exposures.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Identifying and assessing the technology risks related to various EMEA business processes.
- Reviewing and evaluating the design and effectiveness of technology controls (IT General Controls, Segregation of Duties, Change Management process), and automated business controls mitigating the identified risks.
- Developing remediation strategies and proposing issues addressing the control gaps.
- Being part of integrated audits and being able to manage audit activities and deliver high quality audit reports.
- Testing financial, operational and other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies. Demonstrating a understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity.
- Leveraging advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Being able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks. Performing research independently and having adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy. Engaging in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Using knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Engaging in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeking to apply this knowledge in the role and pass it on to the wider audit team. Thinking beyond past routines about new issues or risks. Demonstrating skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the audit manager, and auditees.
- Developing relationships with the Audit management, other Audit associates, and clients. Being able to clearly explain the audit process to clients (if appropriate), as well as any findings or results. Understanding the sensitive nature of confidential information and using it appropriately. Elevating potential audit issues as soon as they are identified. Demonstrating the ability to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and developing skills in persuading and influencing others to adopt a new point of view.
- Applying advanced analytical problem-solving skills and leading others in solving complex issues and identifying innovative solutions. Finding effective solutions to problems involving specialism. In such cases, contributing technical or specialised skills sets or business knowledge not readily available elsewhere in the department to solve audit issues. Identifying inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiating the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s). Identifying opportunities for the use of automation and actively taking part in advancing recommendations for software support requests.
- Proven experience in IT Audit, Risk Management, ITGS, IS or related area.
- IT Audit qualification (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC) or related certifications preferred.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Former experience within Internal Audit in an international company is an advantage.