You will be responsible for the development of software components of a HARMAN solution for multiple customers. The role entails the estimation and execution of software development tasks in a large software development program in the IoT space. You will be responsible for understanding requirements, High-level design generated by architects, and execution of all SDLC tasks of one or more components of the software solution such that timely delivery of release. You may be required to interface directly with the customer’s technical team(s).
What You Will Do
- Responsible for technical code delivery to a specific Ignite customer from inception through completion.
- Drive Delivery and Integration phases and be proactive in interfacing with required stakeholders to avoid any delivery impact.
- Create a detailed WBS for each release and tracking the tasks outlined for each release
- Ensure adherence to agile processes in their management scope and collection of metrics that determine the health index of the program.
What You Need
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in relevant domain with a minimum of 2 years of experience in backend cloud applications.
- Strong Core JAVA developer with clear concepts of Object-Oriented programming and strong design skills.
- Primary domain of expertise should be Cloud-based applications & Enterprise-scale applications
- Experience with applications developed using Core JAVA and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Springboot, Web servers like Tomcat
- Worked in programs where applications are deployed in Cloud infrastructure.
What is Nice to Have
- Microservices architecture and deployment of REST-based APIs for use by 3rd party applications.
- Configuration management, development & test environments used for the development of JAVA-based applications.
- Development and CI/CD tools such as Eclipse, Jenkins, Static analysis tools & test coverage tools like SonarQube, Maven, Git/Gerrit, SVN
- Development of REST APIs and Microservices
- Use of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB etc
- Cloud-based (Preferably AWS) architecture and deployments.
- Deployments on at least one cloud platform like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- AWS experience would be a plus
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
- Be willing to work in an office in Vernon Hills, IL or Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG, etc.)
- The inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development such as onsite café, fitness center, weekly massage, fitness classes, and other onsite events promoted by our Employee resource groups
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members