This role is for a Principal Audio SW Engineer within HARMAN X. HARMAN X is the corporate research division that focuses on advanced technology development for applications across all Harman product lines including Automotive, Lifestyle (consumer), and Professional. This position is in Budapest, Hungary where the successful candidate will have access to world class tools and facilities.
The Principal Audio SW Engineer is expected to be innovative, and results driven. They must have strong analytic skills with the technical depth to implement audio DSP principles applied to real-time audio systems; sufficient exposure to the audio industry and the ability to quickly understand new audio SW technologies; and the imagination and vision to see what hasn’t been done before, to create something better and new. The successful candidate will work within a broader team of experienced researchers but will be expected to independently design and create new products and technologies.
- Implement Audio DSP algorithms in VST3 formats to prototype audio systems.
- Create SW application to evaluate existing technologies for market readiness through benchmarking.
- Prototype audio systems and prepare technology demonstrators.
- Qualify the performance of audio algorithms using testing frameworks.
- Write reports, white papers, and patents.
- Transfer new technologies to commercialization teams.
What you need:
- Minimum of B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or acoustics.
- 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with DevOps and Software development experience using C/C++.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration systems and Agile SW development (GIT).
- Fluency in developing multi-threaded and interrupt driven programs for real-time applications.
- Experience with SDKs for audio development (JUCE, WMA SDK).
- Experience with Qt or similar frameworks.
- Experience with audio processing using MATLAB and with audio signal processing algorithm design.
- Advanced level of English (verbal and written) to be able to communcate in global teams on a daily bases.
- Innovative, resilient and result driven personality with interest in audio technologies.
What is nice to have:
- Experience implementing and testing algorithms derived from research papers
- Windows/Mac OS audio development
- Experience with audio recording tools
Within our Flexible Working from Home Framework some collaboration days in Budapest office are preferred
What We Offer:
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Flexible working from home framework
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Stability working for an internationally well-known company
- Working in global teams
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program