We are looking for an EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) Controller to join Airbus on our Broughton site. You would be working as part of the plant maintenance department and report in to the Head of Industrial Maintenance.
This team provides maintenance across a broad range of installed assets within the Broughton plant. The assets include mechanical and electrical CNC machinery, conventional production machinery, paint shops and chemical processing plants. These assets are serviced by teams of skilled technicians and contractors.
If successful, you would work closely with the Head of IM for keeping people safe and healthy and for protecting the environment. The EHS Controller will promote Environment and Health & Safety topics at the workplace throughout the organisation at all levels.
If offered the role, you will be subject to a BPSS check including a criminal record check.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Act on behalf of the Head of Business to support, facilitate and carry out activity to secure the rigorous implementation of Airbus EHS policy and procedures
- Provide the initial point of contact within the business for all EHS issues such as induction, visitors, insurers and enforcement agencies
- Coordinate regular reviews of the Industrial Maintenance organisation to ensure EHS roles and responsibilities are effectively deployed
- Support local management in the provision of suitable and sufficient risk assessment and control. Including risk management associated with the dynamic nature of maintenance activities
- Maintain Industrial Maintenance risk register
- Monitor and ensure legislative compliance (UK legislation, Airbus EHS policies, codes of practice, procedures, core EHS-UK team mandates etc)
- Anticipate legislative changes and prepare the Industrial Maintenance department for compliance
- Act as focal point for EHS audit; internal process confirmation, EHS team and third party audit, authorities audit
- Develop, manage and facilitate an effective EHS governance process including reporting, management review and EHS team engagement
- Investigate any work related incidents to provide effective countermeasures e.g. hazardous conditions, near misses, accidents, environmental breaches etc
- Participate in the Total Cost of Ownership process for the introduction of new plant and equipment to the Broughton site ensuring EHS issues are addressed prior to entry into service
Skills & Experience:
We would like to receive applications from candidates who hold at least some of the following qualifications:
- EHS Business Guidance 2 - Autonomous-Level
- EHS Emergency Management 2 - Autonomous-Level
- EHS Incident Investigation 3 - Advanced-Level
- EHS Performance and Improvement 3 - Advanced-Level
- EHS Risk Analysis & Management 3 - Advanced-Level
- Employee Health and Well-Being Support 1 - Basic-Level
- Environmental Knowledge 2 - Autonomous-Level
- H&S Knowledge 3 - Advanced-Level
- H&S Regulation and Compliance 2 - Autonomous-Level
- Operate Management Systems for EHS 2 - Autonomous-Level
- Diploma level EHS qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH etc)
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- Flexible hours - 35 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.