As the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader, Airbus combines more than 50 years of field-proven technology with next-generation systems-of-systems architecture in providing a more digitalised, collaborative and agile operating environment.
Airbus encourages its industry-leading experts to push their boundless imaginations, moving the company into the industry 4.0 era and inventing new possibilities for the future of flight: from manned and unmanned vehicles for urban mobility, to hybrid and electric propulsion systems for cleaner aviation.
We now have an opportunity working within a unique, extraordinary business where each day pushes the boundaries of technology with Zephyr, the world’s leading solar-electric stratospheric UAS. The leader in the fixed wing HAPS market, Zephyr will revolutionise Earth observation and connectivity across many sectors.
Zephyr is a High Altitude Platform Station (HAPS), and is the only of its kind to have demonstrated day/night longevity in the stratosphere. Providing a persistent and adaptable solution, unlike other unmanned aircraft. Its persistence enables a capability of flying continuously for months at a time, at around 70,000 feet, above weather and conventional air traffic.
Airbus HAPS Connectivity Solutions Limited (AHCSL) is looking for an experienced Export Compliance Officer to report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Ensure an end-to-end export control process allowing permanent tracking of project export issues at any step of the product development and preventing any deficiency related to export that would cause delays, additional cost, or sanctions and fines, support enabling of export compliant business, protect Airbus officers from violations.
- Customs Department (Import/Export)
- Contract/Marketing/Sales/Business Development Managers
- Export Control Organisation – Divisional & Group
- Manufacturing Managers & Controllers
- Project Managers
- Security Controllers
- Suppliers and Sub-contractors
- Representatives of the Export Control Organisation
- Representatives of other Government Departments (eg MoD, CESG, fco)
- External consultants
- Outsourced Operations
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting all Airbus HAPS Connectivity Solutions Ltd. programmes on both a national and transnational basis
- Liaising with business focal points, you will identify and manage export control risks to ensure all impacted activities are conducted in a compliant manner whilst minimising delivery delays and preventing additional costs being incurred.
- Collaboration with the Airbus Export Control Programme Office (the corporate export control team responsible for developing common export control standards across Airbus) will be a key part of your role to ensure the implementation of the Airbus Export Control Directives and Methods across your area of responsibility.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of local processes and work instructions will ensure the companies compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations.
- Contributing, supporting and delivering export control training within both the virtual classroom and face to face environments across the UK sites will maintain the continuing evolution of the culture and awareness around the export control topic.
- Implementing export control and technology control plans across the projects and programmes, within your area of responsibility, you will actively support their compliance minimising delivery delays and preventing additional costs.
- Responsibility for all export licencing activity within your area of responsibility will enable you to identify, co-ordinate, submit, and monitor all activity associated with the export licences across your impacted programmes and projects.
- Briefing projects and programmes on the export licences applicable to their activity you will ensure the business remain aware of their responsibilities related to export control.
- Undertaking periodic internal compliance checks, you will ensure that all activity undertaken within the scope of the applicable export licences and agreements are compliant and all supporting records keeping requirements are met.
- Reporting on company KPIs and producing annual governmental returns will support and demonstrate improvements made by the company though it’s the cultural change and response to export control requirements.
- Co-ordinating and supporting compliance visits as well as both internal and external audits, relating to export control topics, will provide the opportunity to liaise with industry specialists as well as the relevant government authorities.