What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Nielsen Answers essential and Spaceman desirable
- Broad and in depth understanding of FMCG context and retail landscape.
- Customer experience with ability to engage, influence and impact customers by providing guidance on strategic direction of category.
- Category Leadership expertise in relevant Category Management practices.
- High analytical acumen with ability to drive and translate insights into relevant strategies and tactics (actions / initiatives) internally and for execution with our customers.
- Good understanding of annual planning process internally (Supply & Demand) and externally (Customer business cycle)
- Customer Focus and ability to build collaborative category relationships with internal and external customers.
- Someone who uses time and resources efficiently. Able to focus on the right areas and manage time effectively.
- A high level of energy and proactive drive for results. Can be counted on to deliver seeking opportunities / areas for improvements for self and others
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Delivering best in class Category Management by taking an objective total category perspective when providing market, consumer and shopper insights to customer/operational teams.
- Leading the Range review process from inception through to implementation and delivery of post review analysis
- Delivery of Mars NPD launches into the accounts including creating category focused selling in stories, identifying listing opportunities/challenges and providing merchandising solutions to maximise on shelf delivery.
- Collaboration with insight colleagues and utilization of a variety/ambiguity of differing account data inputs to deliver deep account understanding
- KPI/Performance tracking and delivery including PS, PDS & Core Range compliance and distribution.
- Delivering the category vision content, tailored to the customer by developing a clear 3 year Category strategy
- Ensuring our interactions with the customer leads to a competitive advantage through understanding of the Mars Vision and Account vision / strategies, ensuring a collaborative category relationship to enable aligned account strategy plans.
- Working with objectivity both with our external customers and internal customers.
- Identifying and pushing forward tailored range opportunities for the account.
- Deliver a step change in customer engagement at all levels, reflected in TAS scores.
- Delivering customer relationships, meetings and interaction vs the contact strategy.
- Developing good relationships with internal Mars Account teams and ensuring internal alignment behind customer category strategy. Attend account team meetings and establishing yourself as an integral part of their team.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.