Royal Canin® is the leading premium petfood segment within Mars and everything we do is driven by our passion for the health and wellbeing of every cat and dog. At Royal Canin® one of our key objectives is to ensure that we feed more cats and dogs through the implementation of our Nutrition 360 Programme. By serving more pets you will deliver growth that we are proud of. In this role you will be responsible for implementing Royal Canin’s ® strategy to grow sales and distribution and delivering territory sales in line with the Pet Professional strategy.
This role is critical to building relationships within the veterinary market with clinic customers, leveraging flexible selling approaches and co-creating solutions to not only increase their nutritional sales but also support vets to generate the mutual benefits of health through nutrition outcomes. Your good knowledge of the industry and ability to build collaborative relationships with customers will help you succeed in this role.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or above, majoring in animal medicine and animal science is desirable
- Proven track record in territory sales or within a sales function is desirable
- Knowledge of the veterinary industry is highly desirable
- Two years of work experience in related companies in the pet industry is desirable
- Sales & distribution results-driven, customer and consumer-focused, proactive with an action bias and strong presentation & communication skills
- IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) to support effective sales analysis and management of the territory
- For travel requirements, must live on territory or be willing to relocate
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Educate veterinary staff on nutrition by being an expert in veterinary product knowledge and utilizing available training tools
- Ensure best practice sharing by collaborating with associates from across pillars and markets
- Accountable for delivering profitable growth on their sales territory
- Effective sales coverage including pre-call planning with defined objectives and delivery of sales coverage model objectives (frequency of visits, level of service etc.)
- Identify new business opportunities and prospects
- Represent the Brand at internal and external company events (e.g.: Trade shows, seminars, and conferences) including overnight stays, as required
- Develop deep knowledge of the local market (competitors, new customers, etc.) and proactively support Line Manager, Marketing & KAM’s with Market intelligence
- Implement, support, and report the deployment of the Key Account strategy in the territory through liaising with Key Account Managers & implementing accounts service level agreements
- Develop tailored joint business plans with customers and pilot their execution while engaging with all clinic staff to generate mutual benefits and market penetration
- Coordinate with other field roles (Digital Services, Scientific Communication) to better support customers
- Live our Culture at Mars, Royal Canin
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry-competitive salary of £26,847– £33,559 depending on experience. In addition to this, a benefits package of a company bonus, sales incentive, competitive pension scheme, private medical care, company car, fuel card, meal allowance and pet food for 2 pets.
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates globally, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world, we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.