Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
The Business Technology Team within Mazars supports the implementation and support of information technology for the firm and within that, the Business Technology Change team deals with the change roadmap, project delivery and the adoption of technology change across the firm. This includes Business and pipeline management, Project Delivery, including appropriate project governance deliverables and that the stage gates for progression are in place to successfully and professionally manage project delivery as well as Change management and communication to ensure that change that is implemented as part of project management is well executed to remove barriers to adoption.
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for managing data analysis aspects of projects ranging from simple internal business change to complex, whole business encompassing projects.
Acting as technology and process consultation point for projects, ensuring best practice development in gathering, analysis and delivery of business and technology requirements including standardisation through templates. Producing, updating and ensuring adherence with business analysis Project Life Cycle methodology and governance processes, and supporting business users to follow good governance practice such as regular review of issues, risks and dependencies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for production of key project documentation including business and functional requirements documents, business case proposals, functional and program specifications, process mapping documents, request for supplier proposals and test cases and scripts. Providing the link between the end users, project delivery team and any third-party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- While typically in the areas of technology and digital solutions, projects can vary from foundational IT projects such as:
- Network and infrastructure change.
- Cloud migration.
- Communication and collaboration projects.
- Applications and business solutions.
- Delivery and adoption of new business services.
- Using technology to drive improvements in efficiency or new digital services.
- Document Management Systems.
- Microsoft O365 & transformation services.
- Identification of new and alternative approaches to performing business activities. The analysis of business processes, including recognition of the potential for automation of the processes, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, management of change and assistance with implementation.
- Investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes and the data on which the information is based.
- Proving the definition of requirements for improving any aspect of the processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits. The creation of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for project delivery.
- Planning, design, management, execution and reporting of business process tests and usability evaluations. The application of fit for purpose evaluation of proposed design or change.
- Application of process improvement techniques to any aspect of a function or process.
- Maintenance of compliance to recognised standards, such as ISO27001, as appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in delivery of business analysis materials, requirements documents, specifications in a complex project environment with enterprise analysis experience.
- Experience in coaching business users to support production of Business requirements, business cases and process documents.
- Whole lifecycle business change process management from concept to implementation and review.
- Experience working and delivering materials in adherence with industry standard project governance approaches and methodologies including agile and waterfall.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business change.
- A proven track record as business analyst in successful project delivery in a complex services organisation.
- Excellent communications skills both written (focused and clear) and presentation (including experience of facilitating workshops)
- Exposure of working with large systems including industry CRM, HRM and ERP systems
- Knowledge of end to end business functions (such as the Mazars service lines, and common back office process including finance such as Time, WIP and Billing, as well as HR and IT systems and processes
- Knowledge or experience in delivery of projects with adherence to standards including ISO27001.
- Advanced and proficient use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and basic use of MS Project
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.