We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
As a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager you will be responsible for providing corporate tax compliance services as part of a specialist team to a portfolio of clients that has a strong focus on privately owned businesses. Given the nature of these businesses, the role will centre around building strong client relationships and reacting positively to changes in both the local and national marketplace. You will work closely with the tax team and with clients and be committed to providing exceptional tax services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparing tax computations, from the start of the compliance process to final delivery and billing.
- Undertake initial reviews of tax computations prepared by the accounting and business advisory team.
- Researching legislation, including providing technical analysis on the tax treatment on items within tax computations and the impact new legislation may have on clients.
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge of business tax matters.
- Identifying advisory services which can be provided to clients, which directly links to having a deep understanding of a client's objectives and being able to apply sound technical knowledge to each stage of a client's lifecycle.
- To help the team grow gross revenues and increase market share by differentiating our services, and by making the most of the external and internal market opportunities.
- Improving margins by adopting best practice processes, planning, use of technology and continuous process improvement.
- Help team members to develop their corporate tax compliance knowledge and capabilities.
- Working with more junior members of the team to delegate efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team.
- The individual will be required to manage WIP and fees.
- Assisting tax advisory managers and partners with identifying specific advisory issues to consider e.g. R&D claims, capital allowances claims, internationally mobile employees, transfer pricing projects etc.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent).
- Experience of corporate tax compliance services.
- Demonstrates technical tax knowledge and experience.
- Great team player and extensive experience of working as part of a team.
- Willingness to develop leadership skills.
- Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management.
- Excellent interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget.
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines.
- Proficiency with Alphatax would be an advantage.