Our team are highly trained valued advisors, that work with clients to help grow and develop their business. The advisory services delivered are tailored for the SME market, which is faced paced and has a high demand for on tap expertise to support businesses at every stage of their journey. Due to growth, we are looking for a cloud accountant to join our team of advisors that are passionate about technology and process improvement.
Our Advisory team is part of the Accounting and Outsourcing Services (AOS) team that works with our clients to better run their finance functions, report on their financial position and performance and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation.
With the relentless pace of technology change our teams advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a business adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
As a senior advisor, you will be supporting the team with the delivery and development of advisory services to businesses in the SME market.
You'll be client facing and will work with external finance teams to document and analyse current systems and processes, research and recommend cloud applications before implementing technology to increase automation and drive efficiencies. Training will also play a key part.
Role & Responsibilities
- Building strong working relationships with staff internally with varying levels of seniority
- Client facing by delivering advisory services with responsibility and accountability on some client assignments
- Assessing client's different business models and processes and ability to document including report writing
- Advanced user of cloud technology and applications and ensuring knowledge is up to date on the app market
- Working with bookkeeping software
- Performing cloud accounting system conversions
- Delivering financial support and input for clients to find efficiencies in their business processes
- Preparation of client benchmark packs
- Preparing and delivering presentations to teams and clients
- Confident on accounting processes and compliance requirements
- Reconciliation assignments
- Ability to communicate to clients on their business performance
- Taking on additional tasks on advisory projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- AAT qualified or ACCA or ACA part qualified
- Excellent knowledge of core cloud accounting applications including Xero, Dext, Approval Max & Spotlight
- Advanced used of cloud applications for the following industry verticals: Retail, Technology & Hospitality & Leisure
- Deep understanding of accounting software architecture
- Experience of performing software conversions
- Experience of the purchase to pay process and set up of applications
- Analytical, with demonstrated examples of problem solving
- Good level of commercial awareness and an understating of various business models used in different sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team, with strong people and time management skills
- Relevant recent experience working in a practice accountancy environment
- Comfortable liaising with individuals across all levels of a finance team including senior management
- Keen to enhance expertise and knowledge
- Ability to develop new initiatives to generate efficiencies and better ways of working
Inclusion and Diversity
- At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
- We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.