In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 1,100 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
Our specialist social services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across three main sectors – , education, housing and charities.
The Social sector team work with:
- Any public entity or entity concerned with providing governmental services.
- Any government body (, not for profit entity education institution (other than for-profit), charity, housing associations, political company, chamber of commerce
As an Audit Assistant Manager, you will lead and take ownership of multiple audit engagements and will take responsibility for overseeing and developing junior staff. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
- Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
- Providing on-the-job training to audit assistants and seniors.
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Reviewing the work of seniors and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Responding to the needs of clients and team members.
- Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
- Assisting with business development by working with audit colleagues and colleagues in other service lines.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion.
- Relevant public services sector audit experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.