Why choose for Eneco?
As a frontrunner in the energy transition, Eneco has formulated an ambitious target in 2035 - 15 years earlier than the global climate agreement: to be climate neutral as a company and with all customers! Growing as a company itself to a climate neutral organization is already a big job, but also actively leading and guiding all customers through the energy transition is an even greater challenge! Meanwhile, these customers are changing rapidly. The climate issue is increasingly high on the agenda, mainly due to the increasing visibility of the consequences in nature, and even more recently the high gas price. And in addition, every customer has a different issue, a different situation and therefore often a different route in mind. The modern digital consumer wants fast, seamless and relevant contact with every supplier and therefore also with Eneco. In order to excel in this dynamic environment, we also regularly change ourselves. The IT functions are delivered from a central unit: Business Technology Organization (BTO). Together with the various business departments of Eneco Group, we are working hard on the right solutions and offerings to support the energy transition as best as possible and thus achieve our goals.
What you’ll do
As a lead developer you will the primus inter pares of the software development team.
Is this about you?
- Excellent software engineering skills in C#, and perhaps in one of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Typescript
- Excellent understanding of various types of databases and data architectures
- Excellent understanding of API's and Event patterns
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software architecture principles and patterns
- Solid educational/theoretical background as evidenced by a M.Sc. in computer science or similar education
- Ability to lead a team of engineers by coaching and mentoring them
- Solid understanding of code quality standards and analysis techniques
- Designing, setting up, and optimizing CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to organize and conclude collective technology decisions
- You are able to argue technology decisions and convince those around you in a constructive manner
Who you are
- You are proactive and assertive in your approach.
- You love working with fellow engineers and helping them become the best they can be.
- Complex and time-pressured environments make you creative.
- You will be a highly motivated individual with a passion for differentiation and disruption, who is able to bring thought leadership and innovation to our organisation, enacting top and bottom-line improvement
- You are a leading team player.
- You have an intrinsic motivation to solve complex problems
- You enjoy to keep on learning and get yourself acquainted with the latest technology.
- You like to craft code of high quality.
- Proactive and assertive in your approach
- Senior software developer
- 5+ years of C# .NET development experience
- Dealing with customers in a project context
- Multiple years of experience working on complex software projects
You’ll be responsible for
Next to your qualities as a experienced full-stack developer, you will be responsible for:
- a well-performing team: a positive work atmosphere, clear communication and expectations within the development team
- developing the technical roadmap: initiate, plan, design, and coordinate the project-/activities pipeline
- delivering - together with the team - solid estimations of future work packages
- acting as the most important communication channel with other teams (and/or team leads) within the project or value chain as well as (senior) management
- investigating new technologies