The Product Steward is a key link between Eastman’s Chemical Intermediates Business Organization and the larger global Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) organization.
This new position will provide global Product Steward leadership for the AgroChemical Intermediates, Amines, and Acetyl business units. The successful candidate is responsible for developing/maintaining relationships with AgroChemical, Amines, and Acetyls Product, Marketing, and Technology Management teams, and providing them with comprehensive regulatory support, insights, threats/opportunities, and recommendations. The role involves a deep understanding of the AgroChemical, Amines, and Acetyls market segments and Eastman’s product offerings and a hands-on approach to identify and obtain the necessary registrations, third-party certifications, and other regulatory clearances required to enable continued / extended market access for existing products and new product launches in line with the global Chemical Intermediates business strategy.
- Regulatory Insights: Work closely with global regulatory functions and regional experts to understand current and changing / emerging regulations impacting the Agrochemical Intermediates, Amines, and Acetyl markets and product lines in order to:
- Business Relationship Management: Build close relationships with the AgroChemical, Amines, and Acetyls representatives, which includes Product, Marketing, and Technology Managers in order to:
- Project management and execution: Develop and facilitate global registrations, product regulatory clearances, third-party certifications, and implementation of strategy plans by working closely with AgroChemical, Amines, and Acetyls Product, Marketing and Technology Managers, Global Regulatory Experts (FDDC, ICCL, Sustainability/Circularity/Biodegradability) and Regional PSRA Personnel, as appropriate. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advocacy: Initiate, drive, and execute advocacy strategies to defend existing products and market access subject to developing legislation and influence the outcome of potential new legislation and regulatory trends.
- Customer/value chain Inquiries and Communication: Facilitate external communication of regulatory topics through:
- Creation and distribution of responses to customer inquiries related to the safety-in-use of AgroChemical, Amines, and Acetyls products
- Develop clear customer communication strategies with the assigned business when regulatory changes impact existing products
- Respond to inquiries and decisions of Authorities and Public Consultations
- Represent Eastman as regulatory expert in Customer, Supplier, and End User / Brand Owner meetings
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, polymer science, or related technical degree required
- 3+ years of experience in PSRA desired, technical experience in amine and/or agriscience industry preferred
- Proven track record in project management
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communicator both written and oral
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Courageous decision making
- Strong team player who is not afraid to ask for help
- Results focused