As SCADA Architect you will be responsible for the translation of the requirements into software demands, setting up and monitoring the software architecture and for setting up the requirements in case of new functionality. You will be working in an international team developing an equipment monitor component that functions as the interface between equipment and user of our Baggage Handling Systems. The component is used in different phases of projects ranging from the engineering, commissioning, acceptance and production environment.
You will lead the process for a team implementing SCADA functionality for our platform and for projects. In a SCRUM-team of professionals your technical knowledge and competencies will be leading and will be the base for your discussions with the Product Owner. Apart from your tasks as a software architect you will also lead by example by taking up lead development activities within the team.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile architect with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Leading the software design of a standardized Visualisation Library
- Defining technical user stories
- Implementing SW Designs and component requirements
- Aligning the software architecture with other software-, and system architects
- Acting as a knowledge holder on SCADA systems design
- Leading the team as a developer during the implementation phase
- Challenge and influence team members to excel
- Taking part in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team
- Strong interaction with the internal customer and team
- Provide support within the project team and to outside stakeholders on architectural level
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical subject
- Knowledge of Siemens Scada systems. Knowledge of other systems, like Schneider Electric, and PLC control-systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of higher programming languages, like C# and/or Java.
- Knowledge of Interfaces to control-systems: S7 and OPC. Knowledge of AB /Modbus/IEC/SNMP is an advantage
- Knowledge of generic IT technology (AD, XML, (near) RealTime, HTTP(S))
- Knowledge of Database technology (Oracle/SQL/NoSQL) is an advantage
- Affinity with User-interface programming and Web technology.
- Knowledge of test processes with interest/insight in multidisciplinary environments
- Experience with Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools.
- Relevant knowledge and experience about one of the VI business domains (baggage handling) is a pre
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional
- Analytically strong and positively judicial
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands-on attitude
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of SCADA Architect, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
- On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.