With HCR’s (Howden Centrifugal & Reciprocating Compressors) ambition to grow, we are looking for a new colleague to join us as a Category Buyer and contribute to one of the most successful Howden business units. This opportunity brings great career and learning opportunities. The main role purpose would be focused on being responsible for the complete purchasing process (Sourcing, selecting, negotiating, buying, aftercare)in line with the overall sourcing strategy and business needs. This position is a part of a team of 8 with a supervisor based from the Netherlands.
What needs to be done?
- Handle buying from project phase until transfer of information for PO placement for New Build projects and complete procurement of medium-complex, medium/low-value items for multiple projects.
- Handle buying from project phase until PO placement for New Build projects including strong communication with the responsible engineer, project manager and stake holders in order to- collect the related drawings/item specification, pre-establish the spending limits/to target the budget and complete procurement of medium/low and complex value items for multiple projects.
- Set up and manages bid requests for independently sourced items.
- Establish contracts and work with internal customers to identify understand and translate purchasing needs.
- Perform related purchasing activities, such as colleting applicable specifications or drawings and generation of purchase orders within pre-established spending limits.
- Perform related purchasing activities such as: order confirmations, required certifications, invoices, delivery/quality mismatches which requires short-time reaction.
- Achieve and improve on time delivery with the existing supply base for small parts
- Cooperate with safety procedures and further develop a safe working environment internally and externally
- Work continuously on cost reduction opportunities, for example: Develop a business case on small parts for a decision making process to keep parts in stock.
What do you need to bring?
- Fluent English fit for negotiation An additional strong German knowledge is an advantage.
- Economical and technical educational background.
- Previous work experience as technical Buyer / Category Buyer / Procurement / Supply Chain role within a multinational company.
- High level of proactiveness – ambition to challenge and change current working-processes.
- Effective communication.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes, procedures and theory.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, part drawings etc.
- A great level of prioritization.
- Positive /supporting attitude- willingness to learn.
- Adaptability to sudden changes in priorities.
What will you get in return?
- A truly end-to-end responsibility and accountability in a global presence
- Various career opportunity and freedom at work
- Competitive base salary with cafeteria
- Paid trainings, extra holidays
- Flexibility and frequent home office options (3 days/week)
- A great team culture – professionalism combined with good sense of humour :)
- Opportunity to travel.