As a Product Assurance (PA) Engineer on our team, you will be working on a Mission Critical System that is part of the Galileo infrastructure. Your work will contribute to the security aspects and data protection of this navigation mission. The system is characterized by a high level of complexity. Do you want to take part in the Galileo program?
Your day-to-day activities
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for the Product Assurance of the Key Management Facility (KMF) of the Galileo Mission Segment, we are looking for a PA engineer. You will play a key role in developing a mission-critical systems for one of the most prestigious space programmes. The clients are mostly located abroad. The end users include the European Space Agency (ESA) and the EUSPA (European Union Agency for the Space Programme).
What you need to be successful in this role
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong interest in verifying requirements for a highly complex space system, in addition to having advanced analytic skills required for this position and having a quality assurance mindset and way of working. We are seeking someone who is well-organized, energetic and with a high level of attention to detail to join our team in The Netherlands, in Rotterdam.
The role includes following elements:
• Coordinating KMF PA activities with the Clients, including audit related activities;
• Ensuring that the KMF Projects include PA provision based on the knowledge of the
products involved and the Client’s requirements;
• Collecting, summarising and supporting projects in the provision of PA data in a timely
fashion in support of planned (milestone) events;
• Managing and controlling PA action items;
• Participating in or chairing Non-conformance Review
Board (NRB), Configuration Control Board (CCB), Test Reviews as applicable;
• Direct, coordinate and provide PA support and input to Design Reviews;
• Coordinate and manage the Non-conformance processes;
• Guaranteeing maintenance of Quality Data Records at applicable levels, such that items
are correctly configured and traced during the activities and data is properly recorded;
• Contacting ESA Alert System as applicable;
• Participating in review/board/technical meetings on behalf of any person on the PA Team
previously designated as attendee;
• Signing for approval the Certificate of Conformity (C of C) of the delivered items.
• Quick learner, ability to quickly get acquainted with complex systems and a range of
• Experience of product assurance
• Technical and SW development affinity
• Used to working in fixed price/fixed date type of environments (you love deadlines)
• Experience with mission critical or space projects
• Experience with ESA GSWS-G standards or equivalent
• Experience with ESA standards
• You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills in English whilst
working in a team.
• Willing to travel to client sites and other CGI offices around Europe.
Education and certification
• Bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO) or higher with a focus on Information
Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
• We expect a minimum of two years relevant working experience
** Eligibility by holding a EU passport is mandatory for an EU Personal Security
Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and is part of the selection procedure.
We offer you a permanent contract, so that you immediately have job security. Part-time work, for example 32 or 36 hours per week, is negotiable, we are happy to offer you that flexibility. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of his or her own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes.
We also believe it's important that you stay inspired, do the things you enjoy and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a close-knit team of professionals where we share responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story!
Your working environment
CGI is een van ’s werelds grootste IT-bedrijven. Onze mensen houden Nederland draaiende. Overheidsinstellingen, banken, infrastructurele organisaties en productiebedrijven zijn klanten van CGI. Projecten die het alledaagse leven van miljoenen mensen raken. Groei mee met ons en maak je ambitie waar.
Begin maart ben ik begonnen met afstuderen bij CGI Nederland, op de afdeling Banking & Insurance. Ik studeer ‘Complex Systems Engineering and Management’ aan de TU Delft. Ik zit nu in de laatste fase van mijn master, waarin ik onderzoek moet doen naar een technisch probleem dat...