As a Test Engineer (Assembly, Integration and Verification Engineer) on our team, you will be working on a Mission Critical System that is part of the Galileo infrastructure. Your work will contribute to the security aspects and data protection of this navigation mission. The system is characterized by a high level of complexity. Do you want to take part in the Galileo program?
Your day-to-day activities
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for the AIV(Assembly, Integration and Verification) of the Key Management Facility (KMF) of the Galileo Mission Segment, we are looking for a Test Engineer. You will play a key role in developing a mission-critical systems for one of the most prestigious space programmes. The clients are mostly located abroad. The end users include the European Space Agency (ESA) and the EUSPA (European Union Agency for the Space Programme).
What you need to be succesful in this role?
As an AIV Engineer on our team, you will be working on a Mission Critical System that is part of the Galileo infrastructure. Your work will contribute to the security aspects and data protection of this navigation mission. Verification of the component and element requirements is the main task of your work, which includes writing, updating and running test procedures. The system is characterized by a high level of complexity.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong interest in verifying requirements for a highly complex space system, in addition to having advanced analytic skills required for this position. We are seeking someone who is well-organized, energetic and with a high level of attention to detail to join our team in The Netherlands, in Rotterdam.
The role includes following elements:
• Execution of integration and acceptance tests.
• Raising of anomalies found during integrations and acceptance testing.
• Design and document test specifications for each test stage.
• Integration and maintenance of the Reference Systems according to the requirements.
• The Reference System includes both the system under test and the test tools.
• Integration of new elements into the Reference System.
• Quick learner, ability to quickly get acquainted with complex systems and a range of
• Experience of testing lifecycles
• Experience in working in agile environment
• Inquisitive, able to investigate technical problems and diagnose
• Experience with mission critical or space projects
• Experience with ESA GSWS-G standards or equivalent
• Experience with test automation (UFT).
• Good working knowledge of Linux and SQL.
• Experience of 3-tier web-based development architectures, Java, Oracle.
• You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills in English whilst
working in a team.
• Willing to travel to client sites and other CGI offices around Europe.
Education and certification
• Bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO) or higher with a focus on Information
Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
• We expect a minimum of two years relevant working experience
** Eligibility by holding a EU passport is mandatory for an EU Personal Security
Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and is part of the selection procedure.
We offer you a permanent contract with excellent terms of employment, so you can be sure of a job right away. Working part-time? Whether you want to work at least 32 hours or 4 x 9 hours is also possible with us. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of their own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes.
It's also important to us that you remain inspired, do the things that excite you and continue to develop. Our CEE Campus offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a fun and close-knit team of professionals where we take joint responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story.
Your working environment
CGI is een van ’s werelds grootste IT-bedrijven. Onze mensen houden Nederland draaiende. Overheidsinstellingen, banken, infrastructurele organisaties en productiebedrijven zijn klanten van CGI. Projecten die het alledaagse leven van miljoenen mensen raken. Groei mee met ons en maak je ambitie waar.
Begin maart ben ik begonnen met afstuderen bij CGI Nederland, op de afdeling Banking & Insurance. Ik studeer ‘Complex Systems Engineering and Management’ aan de TU Delft. Ik zit nu in de laatste fase van mijn master, waarin ik onderzoek moet doen naar een technisch probleem dat...