As data analyst trainee you will learn how to sift through data and seek to identify trends. What stories do the numbers tell? What business decisions can be made based on these insights? See yourself as a consultant between the data and a business line. As a data analyst you may also create visual representations, such as dashboards, charts and graphs to better showcase what the data reveals. With this Talent Programme you will take the first step in your career as a data analyst to develop yourself personally and professionally!
• Conduct consumer/business data research and analytics;
• Extract actionable insights from large databases;
• Perform recurring and ad hoc quantitative analysis to support day-to-day decision making;
• Support reporting and analytics, such as KPIs, financial reports, and creating and improving dashboards;
• Help translate data into visualizations, metrics, and goals.
As data analyst trainee you should have a bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics or business, with an analytics focus. An advanced degree is a “nice to have,” but is not required. You must have strong skills in math, science, programming, databases, modelling, and predictive analytics.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
• Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
• Thrives in an international context;
• Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
• Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility;
• You have a valid EU work permit.
You must have:
• Experience working with R or Python;
• Experience working with SQL;
• A strong combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and reporting skills;
• Experience visualizing and presenting data, e.g. PowerBI;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• No more than 2 years of work experience (internships do not count as work experience), this is a graduate programme.
Nice to have:
• A basic understanding of cloud technology;
• A basic understanding of data mining techniques, emerging technologies (MapReduce, Spark, large-scale data frameworks, machine learning, neural networks);
• Familiarity with the Agile methodology.
In our Data Talent Programme we train you to be the Data Expert who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this programme you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous "experience", in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the Data Talent Programme look like?
The ABN AMRO Data Talent Programme offers you a substantively challenging position in which you combine your work with education and training for 18 months. In the first six weeks you will start with a data bootcamp, where you will work on your hard and soft skills with your fellow trainees. Immediately afterwards, you will start at your department in a fixed position where you will work on your own activities and assignments, with the help of your manager and colleagues. Next to your work, you also participate in the personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
Please note this is not a traineeship with different rotations throughout the organisation.
Where will you start in the organisation?
For this role, you will start in one of the departments within our organization. You will do different assignments within your team and after the programme, start as a Data Analyst for your team. Wherever you end up: a lot has to be done. By joining our Data Talent Programme, you’ll be taking the first step in your personal and professional development towards becoming a data expert. Interested to find out what department suits you best? Click here for a detailed overview per role.
De financiële wereld is nog nooit zo in beweging geweest als nu! Technologie evolueert razend snel en de kracht van innovatie heeft veel invloed op het financiële systeem. We hebben jouw talenten nodig om onze bank toekomstbestendig te maken. Wat je interesses of achtergrond ook zijn. We bieden een werkomgeving vol ondernemerschap en vrijheid om jezelf te ontwikkelen, zowel op professioneel als op persoonlijk vlak.
Bij ABN AMRO krijgt iedereen de kans om zijn talent te benutten en om te groeien, ongeacht afkomst. En als werknemer krijg je een bepaalde vrijheid om je werk uit te voeren, waardoor je een goede balans tussen werk en privé kunt creëren.
De mogelijkheid die ABN AMRO mij biedt om achter de schermen te kijken bij veel verschillende afdelingen en tegelijkertijd ervaring op te doen in de praktijk, geeft mij het gevoel dat ik mezelf professioneel kan ontwikkelen tijdens mijn stage.