The bank at large and Credit Risk in particular are going through massive changes partly due to strategic choices by senior management but also due to a fast changing regulatory landscape. To facilitate achieving these many projects have been started and will be starting to achieve our goals and objectives. Credit Risk is involved in many developments and projects both as an initiator for specific credit related topics and as participant in major bank wide projects.
Do you have the right knowledge of Credits, from a Risk perspective as well as from a business perspective ? Are you interested to lead, represent, coordinate and facilitate the Credit Risk department to stay in control of these developments and deliver, together with other stakeholders within the bank, on the expected deliverables? Are you interested to play a part in controlling the change within the Bank? Are you analytical and able to think holistically? Do you take a structured approach and are you able to translate the expectations into a proper plan including milestones, deliverable and capacity planning? And are you able to communicate in a clear way to stakeholders?
Then the role of a Regulatory change expert (junior level) within the department Change & Control (C&C) of Credit Risk will be an interesting opportunity for you. In this role you can improve both on a professional as and personal level. Tell us your story. We are curious and look forward to meet you!
As a Regulatory change expert (junior level) within C&C you will support Credit Risk in setting requirements and, monitoring and coordinating (regulatory) change topics. The activities are of a strategic and ad-hoc nature, in the sense that the impact of internal and external developments on current and potential risks for the strategic objectives of the bank is analysed and the definition of the required requirements is implemented and, in collaboration with others, supervised. the correct implementation of the various Regulatory aspects.
The ad-hoc nature consists of contributing our own expertise to deep dives, coordinating bank-wide credit risk-related change programs, On-site Inspections by ECB/DNB and various Regulatory-related activities.
• You are able to independently tackle, complete and disseminate parts of projects.
• You distinguish yourself through knowledge and/or skills in the field of Credit Risk and the relationship with. EBA/EU related topics such as EU Sustainable Finance Regulations (ESG), EBA LOM etc and closely monitoring of upcoming guidance and regulation from the European Commission, EBA, ECB, ESMA, DNB, AFM etc.
• You create insight and oversight on all Regulation in order to provide recommendation to the Team on impact, implementation choices, strategic priorities and timelines and perform/ support high level impact assessments in order to provide input of the recommendations mentioned previously.
• Preparing meetings and managing audit trail of key discussion and decision points.
You will work within the department Shared Credit Capabilities / Change & Control of Credit Risk. The team consist of professionals who together have an overview of all the relevant aspects of credit risk management. The team has deep knowledge and insight of the bank as a whole.
Within Credit Risk, professionals can grow and develop further, both in breadth and depth. Since the department is in building-up phase, it is appreciated when you actively contribute to improving the way of working. Different views are valued and respected and it is encouraged to provide a new and innovative perspective. The atmosphere is open and informal and we are willing to help each other.
The success of our organization stands or falls with the quality of our people and the ideas they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our customers are the result of an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. That is why diversity is extremely important to our organization. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their qualities, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel involved and valued.
Besides a hard working environment we have created also room for fun and relaxation! This includes (online) drinks, attending (content-related) events and departmental outings. Also here, we encourage your own initiative and your help in the organisation of such events.
You are an energetic person who has a passion for the combination of thinking and doing. You have a curious nature, a positive attitude and a “getting things done” mentality. You are a strategic thinker with an innovative mindset. You can work quickly and accurately, sometimes under high (time) pressure. You act independently and can operate at different levels within Risk and Business with respect for but without too much awe for the hierarchy. You are able to record and convey your thoughts in a well-structured manner. As the language of instruction in many of the documents you will be reviewing and drafting will be English, excellent verbal and written proficiency is expected from this language.
Do you think you're right for us? Check your profile:
- Analytical skills at an academic level and graduated from BSc or MSc in economics, econometrics, business administration, mathematics, law or a comparable field
- You provide sharp and concise analyses aimed at the target group/customer and you provide solicited and unsolicited advice.
- You are independent but have no trouble working in a team or project. You are aware of the strategy of the Business Lines and Credit Risk Management and you are familiar with the processes that are carried out within Risk Management. You often work together with other Risk departments and the other players in the chain.
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Interest in working in a project based setting
- Strong communication (verbal, written and visual), organizational & interpersonal skills.
- You are a team player
We offer a job that requires and provides insight into the Risk Management of the ABN AMRO Business Lines. In addition, the opportunity to go through a steep learning curve in a multitude of substantive subjects. This job offers the opportunity to set up and maintain a broad network
• We offer you a lot of room to grow and the freedom to get the best out of yourself
• We help you to stay fit & vital
• A monthly salary appropriate to the position
• An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible employment conditions
• A personal development budget of €1,000 per year
• An annual public transport subscription or transport budget, depending on the position
• A good pension scheme
De financiële wereld is nog nooit zo in beweging geweest als nu! Technologie evolueert razend snel en de kracht van innovatie heeft veel invloed op het financiële systeem. We hebben jouw talenten nodig om onze bank toekomstbestendig te maken. Wat je interesses of achtergrond ook zijn. We bieden een werkomgeving vol ondernemerschap en vrijheid om jezelf te ontwikkelen, zowel op professioneel als op persoonlijk vlak.
Bij ABN AMRO krijgt iedereen de kans om zijn talent te benutten en om te groeien, ongeacht afkomst. En als werknemer krijg je een bepaalde vrijheid om je werk uit te voeren, waardoor je een goede balans tussen werk en privé kunt creëren.
De mogelijkheid die ABN AMRO mij biedt om achter de schermen te kijken bij veel verschillende afdelingen en tegelijkertijd ervaring op te doen in de praktijk, geeft mij het gevoel dat ik mezelf professioneel kan ontwikkelen tijdens mijn stage.