The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally.Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
All posting locations: Amsterdam, , Netherlands
Job Function: 02 - Procurement
Department: 02 - 02 - Co-pack Procurement
Date Published: 16-May-2022
Job Type: Student
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Bachelor or Master student who is interested in making a difference in Procurement at Kraft Heinz.
Every internship at Kraft Heinz Netherlands offers outstanding opportunities to develop new knowledge and skills- gain real business experience- get exposure to senior leadership- and attend tailored trainings. As an intern you will take ownership of projects and work closely with the business on day-to-day challenges.
You will have the opportunity to explore the day-to-day procurement functions and participate in a variety of projects in one of the largest food companies worldwide. Most meaningfully- you will get to showcase your initiatives and receive exposure from Management team.
The following Procurement Internship Positions are available:
- Corporate and Professional Services: Supporting top professional service- negotiating- contracting- tendering- Request for Proposals- strategy building.
- Ingredients: Contract management support and creation- invoice support- project support (tenders- value engineering)- day-to-day procurement tasks.
- External Manufacturing: Supporting projects- Request for Proposal- supporting market studies- business cases- performance reviews etc
- Upstream Plastic Strategy Development: Market analysis- connecting with internal partners and suppliers worldwide- data analysis and management- strategy development.
- Procurement Packaging: Supporting projects- driving savings via assisting tenders- auctions- and other sourcing events- data maintenance. Interaction with all packaging buyers and opportunity to learn about all KHC packaging portfolios.
- Procurement Indirects: Supporting projects in Indirect procurement particularly for marketing and sales- IT- and sea freight. Support in sourcing- contracting; ad hoc projects.
- Procurement Logistics: Supporting projects- tender analysis- contract negotiation- supporting with processes.
- Procurement Operations: Reporting Activity- database development activity- day-to-day support for the operations team.
- Procurement Project Excellence: A challenging opportunity to be immediately involved in defining a new structure and to participate in and lead projects. It's an opportunity to develop your stakeholder management skills and prioritization skills.
In case you have a preference- please let us know and this will be respected as much as possible.
Responsibilities & tasks throughout the various roles:
- Market analysis by portfolio
- Assist buyer financial reports
- Contact suppliers and support buyer negotiations
- Assist category leads and buyers in day-to-day tasks at hand e.g. contract management- invoice resolution- supplier queries- purchase order approvals
- Exposure to internal and external collaborators- R&D and Food Safety Quality
- Update and maintain the purchasing database
- You are enrolled at a European university during at least 50% of the duration of the internship.
- You are at the end of your bachelor- or in your master’s degree: Preferably in Procurement- Supply Chain- Economics- Business Administration or Engineering.
- You have good knowledge of the English language- both written and spoken.
NOTE: EU working rights are required (Either you have an EU Citizenship- or you are studying in the Netherlands).
- Interested in pursuing a career in Procurement/ Purchasing/ Supply Chain/ Commercial Environment/ Strategy / Project Management
- Communication Skills: You’ll frequently be exposed to senior management- therefore- it’s important you have excellent interpersonal skills- to interact with different partners.
- Proactive- curious and enthusiastic: You’re a go getter- you're not easily thrown off your game- not even when you get resistance.
- Ability to Simplify: We like to keep it simple and implement fast. Our aim is to provide simple solutions when dealing with complex challenges.
- Analytical: We’re a very data driven company. You have an analytical approach and know how to translate complex data into a simple solution.
- Commercial Mentality: You don’t only want to win; you hate to lose. You’re always seeking for opportunities to expand your business and create more savings- while over delivering your targets.
- Team player: You’re sometimes a leader- sometimes a follower but always working towards the same common goal together with your teammates.
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest...
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
In the Netherlands Kraft Heinz has 3 locations: Elst, Nijmegen and Amsterdam (Headquarters the Netherlands). A globally trusted producer of delicious foods, The Kraft Heinz Company provides high quality, great taste and nutrition for all eating occasions whether at home, in restaurants or on the go. The Company’s iconic brands include Kraft, Heinz, Honig, De Ruijter, Roosvicee, Venz, Karvan Cévitam, Brinta, Wijko, Amoy, HP en Lea & Perrins.
My background is quite divers. Initially starting my career with a medical degree i soon realized my future had to be in food.
Logically i continued my education by getting a degree in Nutrition and Health sciences at the University of applied sciences in Amsterdam.