Embedded Systems Engineer Internship
Mine Kafon is an R&D Lab where innovation takes place. With a multidisciplinary team, sustainable solutions for environmental and social problems are developed.
We’re currently looking to expand the team with full-time employees. You will be mainly involved in the Mine Kafon Drone project (MKD) . The MKD is developed to substitute current dangerous demining techniques and reach the goal of a landmine free world in 10 years.
The MKD flies over dangerous areas; maps it, detects and detonates landmines from a safe distance. The drone works autonomously, equipped with three separate interchangeable robotic extensions. These three methodologies combined make the MKD up to 20 times faster than traditional demining technologies. Apart from being a safer solution, it is also up to 200 times cheaper than existing demining techniques.
Thanks to MKD and other projects our company is growing fast and we are seeking an enthusiastic full-time electronics / robotics / mechatronics or control engineer to design, build, and test electronic and robotic systems for our UAVs and ground support equipment.
Primary responsibilities will include developing embedded software and avionics hardware for small flying robotic aircraft and assistive robotic solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in building systems from conception to prototype.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for the electronics design and debugging of application specific robotic solutions.
- Embedded programming and testing is a necessary part.
- Design, build and test electronic and robotic solutions to conform with the company’s UAV projects.
- You will be enrolled in a variety of roles as required and an energetic role within the engineering team.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in electrical or computer engineering with 1-3 years of experience within embedded systems development.
- Responsibility of your own work.
- Be able to cooperate as an individual whilst working in a multi disciplined environment.
- Problem solving ability and open to applying new ideas within the company
- Authorization to work in the Netherlands or Europe
Knowledge of C/C++ and OOP programming experience in a Linux environment.
- Pixhawk, APM and/or drone systems experience.
- Experience in the MAVlink protocol & common embedded communication buses such as I2C, CAN, Serial and SPI is adequate. Long range communications knowledge such as GPS or other is highly desired.
- Embedded systems such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino frameworks.
- Knowledge of building applications with Cmake and the GNU toolchain. ROS would be a plus.
- Experience with PCB Design, schematic capture and layout, analog and digital electronics components.
- Recent (last 12 months) demonstrated ability to develop (i.e. model or write) product, research or university project software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a workshop environment is a plus.
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
What can you expect:
- Opportunity to work on an award-winning project for a humanitarian cause
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunches and fun environment
- You will be directly involved in development of the product and take responsibility for your tasks
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to manage complex projects with developers all-around the world and mature as an engineer.
- Financial compensation
- Reimbursement costs
- Lunch vouchers
- Years of Experience required: