Important note: You can apply for the intern/analyst role in our London or Amsterdam office! Clearly indicate your preference in your job application.
We are hiring!
Do you want to be part of the sustainability transition within the financial sector and have 0-2 years of relevant working experience? Apply now for an intern/ analyst role at our ESG & Sustainability Team in the Amsterdam or London office.
What we stand for
Our current economic system has brought unprecedented levels of welfare and prosperity. Yet it is clear to all of us that the ways we produce, consume and finance will have to change. At MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability, we believe that investors play an important role in this transition. First, to better understand the impacts of their investments on climate change, ecosystems, and society. Second, to challenge their investments to reduce these impacts, but also to capture the opportunities that the sustainability transition provides.
ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Governance, known in the financial sector as the three central factors in measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of companies. ESG factors, though non-financial, can have a material impact on the long-term risk and financial performance of a company. Principally, companies that correctly apply ESG are more conscientious, less risky and more likely to succeed in the long run.
Investors recognise the growing importance of this topic, and therefore work with us to measure and improve the ESG performance of their investments. We work together with the investors (e.g., private equity firms, family offices, pension funds) and the companies they invest in. These companies operate in a wide range of geographies and industries, to assess what sustainability means for them, how they currently perform, and support them with developing plans to become more sustainable and future proof over time. As such we are able to make real impact and observe the actual progress the companies/funds make over time.
What we look for
We are looking for an Intern / Analyst to join our ESG & Sustainability team based in Amsterdam or London. We are looking for highly motivated students who are up for the challenge to become the absolute best. We seek top academic performers with strong analytical skills, as we expect a high level of performance. Affinity with sustainability and consulting is a great plus.
We look for candidates who can work 4-5 days per week, for a minimum period of 4 months (the longer the better). Other qualifications are listed below:
· Good language skills with mastery of grammar and spelling in English. If you are applying for the role in Amsterdam; it is required to have a comprehensive understanding and conversational proficiency of the Dutch language as well.
· Good time management, organisational and communication skills
· Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
· Good work ethos and eagerness to learn and develop
· Great team member who brings energy
What we offer
· Remuneration: EUR 13.50 / hour
· Training: We will quickly get you up to speed. This involves an onboarding programme with trainings on hard skills such as PowerPoint and Excel, and trainings on financial markets, the rising role and importance of sustainability, and the tips and tricks within our work.
· Responsibilities: Right from the start you will join one of our projects. We will treat you as a starting consultant, and working with talented colleagues at our Amsterdam office, you will embark on a steep learning curve, building up an exceptional consultancy skill set.
· In the context of career opportunities: possibility to advance to a starter position after the internship period
· …and obviously all the fun stuff: Friday afternoon drinks, training weekends, Christmas parties, etc.
About MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability
Our team consists of approximately 40 people from various academic backgrounds. MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability is formerly known as Spring Associates. In July 2019, MJ Hudson, a London-based asset management consultancy firm, acquired Spring Associates’ ESG services, which presented a unique opportunity for our company to grow. While remaining independent and operating from Amsterdam, our entire team has transitioned from Spring Associates to MJ Hudson. We have now embarked on an exciting journey of growth: gaining international ground, developing new products, and expanding our team – and we would very much like you to be part of that!
About the application procedure
Please express your interest by sending an application letter, your CV and relevant lists of grades (high school, bachelor and master) to us via the 'Apply now' button below. Please clearly indicate your location preference (Amsterdam or London)! For inquiries about the position or the application procedure please call +31 20 5755 020.
If you pass our selection procedure, we will contact you to schedule two interviews. In these interviews we will discuss your CV, motivation, and conduct a small case interview to get a feeling for your analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Our current economic system has brought unprecedented levels of welfare and prosperity. Yet it is clear to all of us that the ways we produce, consume and finance will have to change.
We believe that investors play an important role in the sustainability transition. MJ Hudson Spring is an Amsterdam-based boutique strategy consulting firm specialised in responsible investing. We support investors in contributing to a more sustainable world, by future proofing their investments.
Ebel is one of the Managing Directors of MJ Hudson Spring, our responsible investing advisory team. He is an advisor and entrepreneur with 25 years of experience.
Matthijs Baan, Managing Director of MJ Hudson Spring, has been a strategy consultant and an entrepreneur throughout his entire career of over 20 years. He was one of the founders of Spring Associates, where he advised clients primarily on responsible investing, sustainability and energy transition.