Have you heard of JBL or Harman/Kardon, some of the world’s leading audio brands? The market we are leading in, is fast paced, fun and dynamic. Our Lifestyle division has seen continuous growth over the last 5 years and doesn't plan to stop there. For our Finance department within Harman Consumer Lifestyle, based in Amsterdam, we are looking to hire a: Senior FP&A Analyst – Supply Chain/Operations
About the Role:
The Senior FP&A Analyst is responsible for managing the operational expenses and Net Working Capital and works closely together with the different stakeholders, reports into the Director Business Analysis and has one direct report. You understand the business and the detailed processes to be able to provide insights and propose and initiate improvements, in alignment with the company’s objectives. You will optimize processes and improves management information.
Main tasks relate to the Financial and Business Analysis, Monthly Financial Close, Annual Budget cycle, Forecast process, Management Reporting, Inventory Control, Process and Risk Control.
What You Will Do:
- Monthly reporting process to Global Finance; provide financial close support and ensuring timely reporting in consolidation system;
- Financial statement review and variance analysis;
- Providing timely, accurate management information to the stakeholders;
- Partner with Operations by providing insights but also to challenge results where needed;
- Corporate Financial Budget and Forecast process for EMEA region;
- Provides standard and ad hoc reporting and analysis on all aspects of the business, on request and unsolicited;
- Initiates and supports business improvement projects;
- Performs ROI analysis on proposed changes;
- Cooperates with Shared Service transactional processing and General Ledger Accounting teams to safeguard accurate and consistent accounting;
- Maintenance & compliance with procedures and looking for process improvements.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international controlling function;
- Knowledge and experience with Operations and Supply chain;
- Experience with managing Net Working Capital;
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Financial and business acumen;
- Strong accounting background;
- Proactive and critical mind-set;
- Ability to work effectively in commercial environment;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (especially Excel);
- Knowledge and experience in ERP systems.
What is Nice to Have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent;
- Knowledge and experience within the retail or consumer electronics markets;
- SAP experience;
- Audit experience at a Big 4 company.
What we offer:
- HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation plus a 13th month salary, 28 holidays per year. You will also receive a highly valued commuter travel package, an interesting collective health insurance scheme, pension and top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio products.
- A unique opportunity to contribute to drive revenue growth and nurture strategic trust-based relationships.
- A friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance with a fine salary and secondary employment conditions.
- The ability to work as a Senior FP&A Analyst in a company that is driven by technology.
- The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
And a few reasons you might love it:
At HARMAN we create useful, playful, beautiful things. Our many iconic brands including; JBL, Harman/Kardon and AKG are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard, look for brilliance from all our 30,000 employees and in return you can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities. If you want to be part of a business offering industry-first features, innovation, superior sound technology and the guarantee that you'll never have a dull day - HARMAN could be the place for you!