Have you heard of JBL or Harman/Kardon, some of the world’s leading audio brands? The market we are leading in, is fast paced, fun and dynamic. Our Lifestyle division has seen continuous growth over the last 5 years and doesn't plan to stop there. For our Finance department within Harman Consumer Lifestyle, based in Amsterdam, we are looking to hire a: FP&A Analyst – Sales & Margin.
About the Role:
As a FP&A Analyst – Sales & Margin, you will work closely together with the Sales and Margin team. The FP&A Analyst reports into the Manager Business Analysis. You understand the business and the detailed processes to be able to provide insights and propose and initiate improvements, in alignment with the company’s objectives and responsibility area within EMEA. You will optimize processes and improve management information.
Main tasks relate to the Financial and Business Analysis, Monthly Financial Close, Annual Budget cycle, Forecast process, Management Reporting, Inventory Control, Process and Risk Control.
What You Will Do:
- Support the Sales & Margin team and liaise with stakeholders in order to come up with accurate sales & margin forecasting and insightful analysis.
- Analyze the data and flag risks and opportunities in the business.
- Partner with the business by providing insights but also to challenge results where needed.
- Analyze variation from forecast, prior and budget to provide accurate explanations for variances and support Sales director and EMEA management in determining countermeasures.
- Responsible for consolidating forecasts of the different countries in EMEA.
- Monthly reporting process to Global Finance; provide financial close support and ensuring timely reporting in consolidation system.
- Providing timely, accurate management information to the stakeholders.
- Provides standard and ad hoc reporting and analysis on all aspects of the business, on request and unsolicited.
- Participates in business improvement projects.
- Maintenance & compliance with procedures and looking for process improvements.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience in an international controlling function;
- Knowledge and experience with Sales & Margin;
- Financial and business acumen;
- Being able to work well with deadlines and deliver results under pressure;
- Knows how to deal with ambiguity;
- Proactive and critical mind-set;
- Ability to work effectively in commercial environment;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (especially Excel);
- Knowledge and experience in ERP systems;
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Fluency in English.
What is Nice to Have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent.
- SAP experience.
- Audit experience at a Big4 company.
What We Offer:
- HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation plus a 13th month salary, 28 holidays per year. You will also receive a highly valued commuter travel package, an interesting collective health insurance scheme, pension and top-notch employee discounts on Harman’s Consumer Audio products.
- A unique opportunity to contribute to drive revenue growth and nurture strategic trust-based relationships.
- A friendly working atmosphere and good work-life-balance with a fine salary and secondary employment conditions.
- The ability to work as a FP&A Analyst in a company that is driven by technology.
- The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
And a few reasons you might love it:
At HARMAN we create useful, playful, beautiful things. Our many iconic brands including; JBL, Harman/Kardon and AKG are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard, look for brilliance from all our 30,000 employees and in return you can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities. If you want to be part of a business offering industry-first features, innovation, superior sound technology and the guarantee that you'll never have a dull day - HARMAN