As a software developer at mthree, you’ll have the chance to advance your skills and carve your best path through the world of work.
mthree Alumni helps smart, engaged graduates and big organisations to grow. We bring the two together and plug the gaps with training and support. That makes us a career partner or a strategic talent partner, depending on your viewpoint!
You’ll start with 4-8 weeks of training here at mthree HQ to help you hit the ground running (we pay you a salary from day one). Then you’ll complete a 24-month placement with one of our partner organisations, where you’ll be at the heart of their tech activities (with help from mthree all the way). After that, most of our graduates progress to a permanent position with the organisation. The sky’s the limit.
In your role, you will have plenty of room to make an impact. mthree graduate software developers are involved in big technical projects that often extend into every corner of the organisation. You’ll design and develop complex applications in a global environment. Working across the software development life cycle, you’ll be involved in everything from gathering requirements from other teams to providing support after the new technology is launched. Successful developers keep up to date with the latest innovations and always have an eye out for fresh solutions to tricky problems. Popular programming languages include Java, C++, Python and C#.
You’ll work closely with your line manager, who will help you settle in and know where to focus. You’ll also work with teams across the organisation to create, test and improve the tech that underpins the company.
This role is perfect for you if...
· You have a 2:1 degree or higher in a STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, maths).
· You can demonstrate a passion for programming. For example, using languages such as Java, C++, C# or Python.
· You’re analytical and good with numbers.
· You have strong skills in written and verbal communication.
· It’s a bonus if you already have experience working in teams in a collaborative environment.
What you’ll learn at mthree Academy:
· A range of programming languages that are specific to your placement (such as Java or C++).
· In-depth expertise in Linux and SQL.
· The ins and outs of the software development life cycle and different development methodologies, and how it all translates into the day to day at big organisations.
· Relevant industry knowledge.
· How to apply your existing skills in the commercial world.
· Professional skills and interview techniques.
What you’ll get:
· In-depth interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
· A competitive graduate salary (even while you train!), with pre-agreed pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
· A flexible benefits package (gym membership, Health Shield, Employee Assistance Programme and Perkbox included).
· Ongoing training, support and social events throughout your 24-month placement.
· An opportunity to kickstart your career and gain valuable experience in an attractive and competitive industry.
Sounds good? We’re ready when you are
We have start dates throughout the year and welcome applications anytime. In the next step, you’ll need to submit your CV. It’s as simple as that!
mthree gives you everything you need to launch your career by working within some of the largest organisations globally.
We help you to discover which pathway could be right for you, then train you for 4-8 weeks to prepare you for your placement.
Once you’re up to speed with the latest technology, processes and industry knowledge you’ll need, we employ you and...
"The training allowed me to feel ready to start on-site and has given me the best possible start to my career."
"Don't be shy, introduce yourself to everyone. Building your rapport with stakeholders are two of the most important aspects of achieving success."