Looking to get real experience in all aspects of Marketing on your placement year? Then ProspectSoft’s Marketing role is not to be missed!
In the Marketing team, you’ll be encouraged to show your creative side when completing projects such as blog writing, creating infographics, designing merchandise, developing content for our websites, and much more! As a Marketing Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects, including the delivery of direct and digital marketing communications.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing, you will have a hands-on role and make a real impact on the business. Whether it be managing social media content across our company and placement platforms or generating new strategies to increase the number of qualified leads for our sales team, you’ll develop a strong understanding of B2B marketing and will develop your skills in both inbound and outbound marketing. Marketing efforts will be centred around online lead generation, with a real focus on attracting and converting high quality leads via several marketing channels.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Social Media – Managing ProspectSoft’s corporate and placement social media platforms, you’ll have the opportunity to develop social media campaigns to engage our audiences. You’ll also be reporting on and analysing social media data and results, as well as building and monitoring your own new strategies to improve results going forward.
- Email Marketing – Whether it be developing Email Marketing Campaigns for our customers or coming up with eye-catching designs for attracting new business, there’s plenty to get involved in! You’ll also be proofing and writing content, building targeted lists and reviewing campaign results.
- Copywriting – You’ll be tasked with creating exciting blogs to publish on both our corporate and placement websites, which will directly contribute towards our SEO efforts.
- Design Content – A Marketing placement will take a lead role in generating visual content for both our corporate and placement channels, such as creating banners, infographics and diagrams. You’ll be required to use Adobe software like Photoshop and Illustrator when producing design work (but don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these yet!).
- Video Content – This will involve you using programmes such as Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro and OBS Studio to create, edit and enhance videos. You’ll be required to upload videos to our YouTube channels and follow branding best practices throughout the creation process. You may even get the chance to film customer case studies on-site, develop promotional videos, and create engaging video adverts for us to use in our Google AdWords efforts too!
- Event Organisation & Co-ordination – You’ll be pivotal in assisting with any events ProspectSoft run or exhibit at. This will include liaising with venues, as well as designing and ordering merchandise/promotional material for attendees. You’ll also be able to attend industry events in London and go along to RateMyPlacement Sponsors Events/Awards; the Marketing role provides you with great networking opportunities!
- Website Management – You’ll have the responsibility of managing our placement and corporate websites, which will involve you creating new content to ensure sites are always up to date and engaging to our audiences, as well as delving into Google Analytics to gain key insights about our traffic.
- Award Applications – To stand out from the crowd and showcase the amazing functionality and features in our software solutions, we like to enter in for product awards each year. In this role, you’ll be developing the entire application, adhering to any guidelines set by the judges and shouting about our successes! Plus, you’ll be taking a lead role in creating our application for RateMyPlacement’s NUE Awards!
- Recruitment – There will be the opportunity to be selected as the next placement recruiter for Sales & Marketing roles. This will involve you managing the entire recruitment process; from CV and cover letter reviews and booking and conducting Telephone Interviews, to organising and running our Assessment Centre!
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification – Run by a very well respected, well-known SaaS company, HubSpot, this course will help you boost your marketing knowledge! You’ll learn about inbound marketing techniques, develop your understanding of core tactics, and advance your skills as an inbound marketer – it’s a great certification to add to your CV!
What you’ll need:
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Enthusiastic approach & positive attitude at all times
- Creativity & design skills
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement