As a Service Desk Analyst, you’ll be involved in all areas of the business and will get to grips with a variety of business processes. Every day will bring a different challenge using a different technology or tool.
Analysts serve as the main point of contact for customers and will be their first port of call for any technical questions they have. As well as developing your communication skills, you will perform a range of technical tasks such as moving databases, running SQL scripts, and debugging websites.
During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
As an integral member of the team you’ll be treated as a full-time employee with a role that is pivotal to the success of the business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Communication – As the first point of contact you’ll be communicating with customers on daily basis. Using several communication platforms and methods, such as email, telephone, and instant messaging, you’ll engage with our customers and deliver the best possible service. In addition, you’ll be liaising with all other departments within the business to ensure the smooth running of our platforms and services.
- Investigation & Problem Solving – Whether it be a simple query that you can solve quickly, or a more complex issue which requires further investigation to resolve, you’ll develop the skillset to get to the root of a problem and solve it.
- Project Management – There’s always an opportunity for you to get involved in a customer-facing project or an internal initiative to improve our business processes.
- SQL & Database Management – Databases underpin our systems. From simple select statements to unloading and reloading databases, you'll learn how to write SQL and how to manage a database.
- Testing & QA – Delivering a bug-free and quality product is crucial for a SaaS business. As part of your placement you’ll be involved in the testing of product updates and features as well as key aspects of the QA process.
- Rollout of Platform Updates – ProspectSoft use Agile development methodologies and frequently roll out updates to our platform. You’ll be integral to the continuation and deployment of our services.
- Networking & Security – Security is vital to every business. As an ISO 27001 accredited company we take Networking and Security very seriously. As part of your placement you’ll learn security best practice, the methods, and technologies that we use to keep data secure and confidential.
- Virtualisation – Core to our business is the virtualisation of instances and systems. During your placement you’ll learn how to use Hyper-V and Azure to build and manage virtual machines.
- Azure Services – At ProspectSoft we use the Azure stack for several of our solutions. You’ll become familiar with aspects of the Azure offering such as Blob Storage and Application Insights.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An empathetic approach & positive attitude
- A drive to learn a wide variety of technologies & software platform
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field