Shypple is now at the forefront of scaling on a global scale and hyper growth. To further our progressive growth we are looking for an inspirational COO to join our Executive Management Team.
Purpose & Goal
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive high and scalable growth. The COO creates the strategy, provides leadership, management planning and vision. He/she ensures the company has the resources, metrics, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people & systems in place. As a result Shypple will effectively reach its targets in growth, financial strength, performance and operating efficiency. The COO is a key member of the executive management team and acts as the right hand of the CEO.
The COO is key in reaching our BHAG ® 'One Billion revenue and One Million trade transactions a Year by 2025' and a key driving force behind our OKR's: Growth, Profitability, Commercial Excellence and Operational Excellence.
The COO reports to the CEO.
Critical results / KPI's
The COO Position is responsible for:
- Developing and managing an Operations plan that conforms to and supports the strategic goals and objectives (OKRs).
- Providing enterprise-level expertise by developing and managing (annual) operational goals and objectives, budget, and resource plan to assure Shypple’s performance remains on par.
- Recommending, developing and implementing advancements for business efficiencies.
- Aligning all relevant internal and external teams into a collaborative group that focuses on achieving goals, increasing performance and continuous improvement.
- Achieving quarterly and annual operations goals.
- Contributing as a proactive member of the executive management team to the further development and growth of Shypple.
- Lead a team of managers in all areas of operations and oversee daily operations of the organization on a global scale.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to develop and implement plans to accommodate rapid and sustainable growth on a global scale through the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel.
- Lead and assure cooperation between departments to deliver a unified Shypple approach to serve the objectives of our organization.
- Continually improve the performance and quality of processes, systems and services.
- Provide leadership to adjust, recruit, hire, and train personnel to achieve annual resource and performance plans.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies to continuously improve customer success and value.
- Develop long-term planning and goals to meet our objectives.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Provide reports as required to the CEO and other executive team members in all matters of importance.
- Establish and maintain external relationships to strengthen our recognition as the best global trade platform.
- Assist the CEO with fundraising.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.).
- Embody and promote Shypple’s values
- A proven track record of using and scaling technology-based solutions to streamline complex (manual) processes and improve access to information.
- A proven track record in rapid and sustainable growth (scaling up).
- A master’s degree (preferred) / bachelor's degree (required) in business or related fields.
- Progressively responsible senior-level operational experience in a professional services environment.
- Excellent business acumen and the ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- An insightful and proactive thinker, who effectively meets or exceeds company goals.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with a proven ability to build and motivate an international and global team and to work within a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent proficiency - verbal and written - in the English language
- Experience in fundraising is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving with attention for detail.
- Data driven and excellent database and excel skills.
- Proactive in doing, and creative in thinking.
- Critical towards your own work and performance.
- You are result driven and people minded.
- You are agile and dynamic by character.
- You are a natural born leader.
- You are entrepreneurial and always moving forward.
- You are eager to learn and ambitious in setting goals.
- You are resourceful and creative.
- You are highly interested in technology and digitization.
- You have a passion for hyper growth companies.
Shypple offers you the opportunity to be a part of a great adventure in which you can grow, develop, and get the best out of yourself. We continuously invest in developing and professionalizing our organisation, teams and individuals. In this we of course offer attractive employment conditions; excellent salary, performance bonus, stock option plan, well rounded secondary employment conditions and interesting additions such as your own high-end laptop, phone, and a personal development budget.
Next to this you will be working at a beautiful office in the heart of Rotterdam with a sunny rooftop terrace and an in-house gym with changing-rooms and showers. We are located in the middle of an energetic, international neighborhood with bars, diners and restaurants.