As a Cloud Reliability Engineer, you are responsible for carrying out projects to set standards and improve on the core responsibilities of the Cloud Operations team: availability, performance, efficiency, security, change management and capacity planning of our cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure). You make sure we can monitor and report on these aspects and come up with solutions that can be applied over all our standard and customized cloud products and services. You do this by working closely together with other Cloud Reliability Engineers and the Cloud Operations Engineers who are responsible for embedding the cloud operations principles into one or more specific solutions. You provide input for enhancements and preventive maintenance to the relevant development team(s).
Who you are
· You have an IT-related Bachelor degree
· You have 4+ years relevant working experience
· You have a high-quality standard and a good feeling for clear concepts, cost-efficient and sustainable solutions
· You have experience with Microsoft Azure and are familiar with Microsoft tooling (.NET) and Application Insights
· You like to set standards as a guideline for others to comply to after implementing it by yourself first
· You are able to ‘sell’ new and improved guidelines in a development organization to the relevant stakeholders
· You like to work on improving one or more of the following in a cloud environment: monitoring, alerts, security, build & deployment
What we offer
Currently we are scaling up with respect to our cloud offering to our customers which will give you the opportunity to explore, learn and grow. This is a new role and key position in which you can impact the next steps in professionalizing our cloud offering and all related activities.
Furthermore, we offer you:
· Join our company and improve the world
· Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
· Project U: one day per month to invest in what you think is important for both you and ORTEC
· NS Business Card 100%, NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
· Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
· 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
· Result related remuneration
· Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
· Football table, our own bar the “ORtap”, Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders’ home, and much more
· Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
· We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences. Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
ORTEC is one of the world’s leaders in optimization software and analytics solutions. We make your business more efficient, more predictable and more effective. Turning complex challenges into easy-to-use solutions.
We serve clients in almost every industry. And with 19 offices strategically located across 4 continents, we can deliver solutions on a global scale. Always underpinned by local know-how and service.
I work as a software engineer for ORTEC, on the products ORTEC Route Scheduling and ORTEC Tactical Routing. ORTEC Route Scheduling is used by our customers to optimize their day to day routing problems. ORTEC Tactical Routing is used to create a master plan for different regions...
With a background in Mathematics and a passion for logistics, I started working as a Business Consultant for ORTEC. One of my tasks is to prepare and give demonstrations of our optimization software to potential customers. Giving such demonstrations brings all aspects of ORTEC together: understanding the...