Framestore's Integrated Advertising division in London is searching for a Pipeline TD to join our global pipeline team. The focus of the role will be to design, implement and support our visual effects pipeline tools that are used in the production across all of our content; from traditional commercials, to theme park rides, VR and TV series projects.
We are particularly interested in TD's who have experience with Houdini.
The applicant should have previous experience in the visual effects or video game industries.
- Develop, document, and maintain back-end and user-facing software for our visual effects pipeline
- Train and support artists in using pipeline tools
- Work with a globally-managed pipeline development team
- Work in a diverse international visual effects studio environment
- Assist with monitoring of disk space and rendering resource usage
- Conduct ongoing research and recommend workflows that will improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to both long and short deadlines
- Ability to prioritise production tasks in a frequently-changing environment
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multitask
- Programming experience in Python in the context of DCC applications such as Maya, Nuke, and Houdini
- Experience on Linux and Windows operating systems
- General understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- A solid understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through compositing
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Git or another DVCS
- Experience with Shotgun or another production database
- Experience with the Qt application framework
- Experience with C, C++, MEL, Bourne and C shells