BCG’s Enterprise Services organization was set up in 2022 to provide scalable services to BCGers around the world. It includes a range of business-critical services and solutions, including travel, meetings, events, procurement, executive support and Business Intelligence and Analytics. As Senior Manager of Enterprise Services (ES) Communications, you will lead communications for the ES organization. You will work with the Enterprise Services leadership team to develop a cohesive end-to-end communications strategy that aligns with the vision and operating framework for Enterprise Services. You will leverage and maintain multiple communications channels and will collaborate with other Communications Professionals across the organization in Finance, Digital Product Teams, HR, Learning & Development, Marketing, etc. This role will be responsible for existing communication assets and channels including: the ES Microsite, Slack, Newsletters, live forums and other events such as town halls, and will bring creativity and a vision for how such channels come together in a strategic and cohesive fashion. Given the aspirational growth journey of our ES organization, communications will be an important component of our engagement as we align to the evolving growth and requirements of BCG. We are looking for a motivated and experienced Communications Professional who can drive the strategy and day-to-day coordination for our Enterprise Services Communications efforts. Prior exposure to professional services and a service excellence culture whether through client work or internal in a multi-national organization are a plus. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop effective internal communications, engagement programs, and content for the Enterprise Services organization. This includes communications strategy, planning, and execution.
- Work with ES Leaders to translate strategic objectives and communications and engagement needs into concrete employee communications, engagement actions and campaigns using a range of channels and media.
- Develop communications for leaders (drafting materials, editing, ensure a clear and concise voice) and develop key messages that demonstrate the ‘what’s in it for me’ and value for use 1:1 to stakeholders and for large groups.
- Drive branding and content/writing for communications within the ES organization and for a wider BCG audience.
- Coordinate and publish a regular ES newsletter acting as advisor/editor on article submissions.
- Execute and manage content development for any ES initiatives you are assigned to support; taking total ownership for quality and delivery. Track effectiveness and results where possible. Ensure an overall effective portfolio of engagement and communications activities across initiatives that are creative, coordinated, targeted, visually compelling, and overall engaging.
- Support service lines with communications initiatives to support the execution and promotion of their services to BCG.
- Lead/inform on emerging developments in communications and drive efforts to continuously improve. Develop plans to use the tools we have more effectively and identify the latest effective and energizing communications tools/vehicles.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- A confident communicator and a great listener. You have deep knowledge about effective ways to deliver messages and communications across a wide range of audiences. Exceptional listening and sensitivity to different stakeholders is essential.
- Organizing and managing details with a bias for delivering great output quickly Executing effective communications and coordinating key elements across a range of stakeholders.
- An eye for detail. Careful execution of communications and engagement activities with care for quality, low tolerance for errors, thoughtful design, and careful proofreading.
- Working in a complex environment at pace. You are analytical and comfortable managing multiple deliverables with multiple inputs often with high impact, time sensitive requirements.
- Managing upwards: Keeping busy senior leaders on track to ensure the deliverables and messages reflect the needs of all stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement. You can hear what stakeholder needs, translate it into your own words and create it. You are diplomatic and organizationally thoughtful and interested to learn to navigate/influence complex matrix organizations.
- Structuring and analyzing information. You can take an idea for organizing information and turn it into a useful deliverable across different types of media. Strong attention to detail.
- Culture and collaboration. You care deeply about the experience and engagement of your colleagues and believe in the core tenets of BCG’s purpose statements.
- Learning and adapting. You are a constant learner; open to feedback and interested in continuous improvement.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. Openness to new and innovative ideas and to change; willingness to experiment and learn and be flexible and responsive to changes.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- University degree or equivalent – in a subject reliant on strong writing capability.
- Experience developing effective communications, including copy development for digital and/or presentation formats. Candidates with relevant work samples preferred.
- Experience working with executive stakeholders, preferably in a multi-national, large-scale environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an international environment with people at all organizational levels by establishing positive and productive working relationships.
- Project Management – including collaboration with designers, video, digital or other experts.
- Ambition and a track record of great performance and rapid career advancement.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
- The ES Communications and Engagement Team and Global ES Leadership Team.
- The ES community which comprises 1,000 BCGers
- Internal clients and stakeholders to develop communications to deliver project and stakeholder change objectives.
- Communications professionals in other BCG Business Support Functions: Digital Product Teams, Finance, HR, Marketing, Learning and Development, Operations, etc.
- External third parties. A BCG network of approved resources, when appropriate