Please note this role is initially a 2 year fixed term contract.A key priority for BCG and our Operational Innovations team is to accelerate and support both the digital and operational transformation and innovation of our own firm. Our team is focused on driving and supporting improved performance of our internal functions by providing Program Management and executional support to major initiatives; Change Management and transformation communications excellence; and on-the-ground Enablement and Activation. We also provide expertise and counsel on relevant management themes impacting the firm, including digital, agile, lean, change management and stakeholder management. Our focus is on enabling the step-change improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the firm by accelerating high-priority initiatives sponsored by the Operations Leadership Team and/or our Operating Committee.The group works with the senior leaders of individual functions and geographies to define and prioritize the set of improvement initiatives, manage the portfolio of projects in a consistent and robust manner, accelerate analytics and specific redesign processes when required, assist functional project owners to drive change throughout the firm, and oversee development of the measurement and monitoring tools that define progress made and value delivered. The team includes change and communications experts to drive the most effective change management and stakeholder engagement for our highest-profile and most complex internal change efforts.As a member of our OI team, you’ll work alongside functional project owners and OI team members to drive BCG’s change agenda, increasing your understanding of complex business problems and developing new skills and experience to help you at every stage of your career – at BCG and beyond.In this role you will be dedicated to the support of individual projects, responsible for generating output in Excel and PowerPoint. This role will be critical in delivering and accelerating change in our internal functions, so a service-minded and collaborative team approach is critical.We expect all team members to participate in reinforcing an OI team culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and analytical insight, and to support one another and our internal clients with caring and professionalism.Key Activities and Responsibilities include:
- In partnership with initiative owners and OI Project Managers, provide content support, research, expertise, analyses, or documentation to support project management and accelerate various functional or geographic improvement initiatives. Project emphasis to include operational improvement projects, and often the digital delivery of operational improvements, digital collaboration, and/or digital employee services.
- Support development of deliverables, ensuring highest potential for value delivery. Deliverables could include business improvement plans, process design, effective communication & engagement plans, implementation plans or supporting analyses for any of these. Expectation that analysts can distil key insights from analyses to presentation formats
- Work with line owners and OI team members to identify potential investments and/or process improvements to accelerate BCG’s digital and operational development. Assist in defining end-state processes and organizational models, as well as the path to achieve those end states.
- Work with Program Managers and Change Managers/Leads to support on the ground implementation of Change initiatives including enabling impacted users, embedding behavioral change and doing change impact analysis.
- Work with Program Managers and Change Managers/Leads translate project objectives and change needs into concrete employee communications, engagement actions and campaigns using a range of channels and media.
- Track project success and progress, working with project managers to ensure projects remain on course and objectives are realized on-time and within budget parameters, and that projects deliver against stated objectives and KPIs.
- Support development of senior management reporting and broader communications, as required, in part by providing related analyses and supporting documentation
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Organizing and managing project details with a bias for getting to great output quickly – You are flexible and organized in your work and can be effective across a range of activities and stakeholders
- Working in a complex environment at pace – You are analytical and comfortable managing multiple deliverables with multiple inputs often with high impact, time sensitive requirements
- Data Analysis – Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of information and data to draw out insights and help shape project plans, business cases, etc.
- Stakeholder Engagement – You can hear what someone needs, translate it into your own words, and create it. You are politically and organizationally savvy and can navigate/influence complex matrix organizations
- Structuring and analyzing information. You can take an idea for organizing or analyzing data and turn it into a useful deliverable. Strong attention to detail
- Culture and collaboration – you care deeply about the experience and engagement of your colleagues and believe in the core tenets of BCG’s purpose statements
- Learning and adapting – you are an eager and consistent learner, are naturally curious, open to feedback and interested in continuous improvement
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- University degree or equivalent – ideally in a business related subject
- Experience working in a multi-national, large scale environment
- Data Analysis – strong data analysis skills, able to communicate key insights effectively
- Curiosity and focus on continuous development, learning
- Creativity and openness to new approaches, digital tools, Agile methodologies
- Project and Program Management a plus
YOU'LL WORK WITH
- The OI Leadership Team and OI team members, especially project managers and change managers
- Internal Clients / stakeholders to develop communications to deliver project and stakeholder change objectives
- External Associates – our network of BCG approved contingent resources, when appropriate